The Israeli ministers of Foreign Affairs (Eli Cohen) and Health (Uriel Menachem Buso) defended on Tuesday the current siege by their country’s army of several hospitals in northern Gaza in the face of criticism from the World Health Organization (WHO), with whose head they will meet in Geneva.
«“We will tell the director general of the WHO what everyone needs to know: in these hospitals, children and women are being used by terrorists as human shields.”said the health minister at their joint press conference in Geneva.
«“Terrorists are taking electricity from hospitals, using it for their own tunnels, and for their terror infrastructure,” he added.
His Foreign Affairs counterpart showed images of the Al Rantisi Children’s Hospital, one of those that have suffered attacks from the Israeli army, especially in the last week of fighting.
«“We will show all this data to the WHO, so they can see who they are financing.”Cohen said.
The Minister of Foreign Affairs, also accompanied at the press conference by four relatives of hostages kidnapped on October 7, stressed that with visit to Geneva also want to continue pushing for «the immediate release of all our civilians.
«“October 7 was the worst day for the Jewish people since the Holocaust,” Cohen reiterated at the press conference, held at the UN European headquarters in Geneva.
«The international community should clearly say that Gaza must be freed from Hamas, not only for the sake of Israel but for the sake of the people of the strip themselves.“added Cohen, who assured that”“If we don’t win, you will be next, because Islamic jihadism knows no borders.”
*With information from EFE*