Alfonso Durazo, standard bearer of Brunette, is the virtual winner in Sonora after the fierce contest he had with the candidate Ernesto Gándara of the coalition PRI-PAN-PRD.
According to Preliminary Election Results Program 2021 of sound, Alfonso Durazo Montaño, of the Morena-PT-Nueva Alianza coalition, records a 51.51% of the electoral preferences to the cut of the 11:00 in the morning of this Monday.
So we tell you who it is Alfonso Durazo, politician who has held various positions in different administrations.
Academic training and personal life
- Civil Engineer from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM).
- Law degree from the Metropolitan Autonomous University (UAM).
- Master in Public Administration from the Sonoran Institute of Public Administration (ISAP).
- Doctor in Public Policy from the Tecnológico de Monterrey (ITESM).
Alfonso Durazo was born on July 11, 1954 in Bavispe, Sonora. He is the author of several essays and books. He has also contributed to various newspapers as an analyst and columnist.
Political career of Alfonso Durazo
- Secretary of Security and Citizen Protection of the Government of Mexico, under the mandate of Andrés Manuel López Obrador (2018-2020).
- Federal deputy and coordinator of the Parliamentary Group of Morena in the Chamber of Deputies (2012-2015).
- Managing Director of Morena de Sonora (2012).
- Coordinator of Social Communication of the Presidency of the Republic, under the administration of Vicente Fox (2003-2004).
- Private secretary and spokesperson for Vicente Fox (2000-2003).
- Private secretary of Luis Donaldo Colosio (1989-1994).
- Public official in the Ministry of the Interior (1973-1982, 1985).
The shadow of the “culiacanazo”
When Alfonso Durazo was in charge of the Secretariat for Citizen Security and Protection, an operation took place (2019) in which Ovidio Guzmán, son of “Chapo” Guzmán, was arrested, who was later released; This event was known as the “culiacanazo”, and which brought endless criticism of the current government.
Durazo said that he will seek to rehabilitate the health infrastructure by guaranteeing medical care and a dignified retirement for its beneficiaries.
The governor-elect plans to guarantee enough spaces so that no young person is left without the opportunity to study and to create a purse of 500 million pesos that will be cut from the Congress budget to finance a scholarship program.
The flag-bearer of Morena plans to invest 7 billion pesos in an infrastructure program to restore Sonora’s competitiveness.