One of the platforms instant messaging most used every day by millions of people around the world, is WhatsApp. One of its advantages is that it has a version mobile for cell phones, and the website for computers.
In this case, we tell you how to put a password on whatsapp web to protect your chats, for example, if you are at work and you get up from the computer, so that no one can read them, so take note.
How to put a password on WhatsApp Web
The only thing you need to know is that it is done through an unofficial APK and remember that according to WhatsApp, you should not download anything that is not official, for data security reasons.
To achieve this, you need the WA Web Plus for WhatsApp extension, which is intended to lock conversations with a password. The first step is to add an access password and then use it correctly to adjust your WhatsApp Web.
To put a password on WhatsApp Web, follow these steps:
- Go to the plugin page and click ‘Add to Chrome’. If you use Google Chrome, Edge, Rave or any other web browser, it will work fine.
- Click on ‘Add Extension’ which is added to WA Web Plus for WhatsApp.
- Add a password and press ‘Enter’ on your keyboard to set it on WhatsApp.
We recommend you read: How can I open WhatsApp Web from my Android cell phone
Ready, now your WhatsApp Web will have a password to protect your chats, which is very useful if the computer you connect to is not yours and more people have access to it, which would make it easier for them to read your conversations if you forget to close your session.
We recommend you read: These cell phones will lose access to WhatsApp from May 31
On the other hand, if you want to delete the password and return to normal, we tell you the steps to follow to delete your password:
- On the unlock screen, click the ‘Reset All’ option.
- Enter your password to confirm the action.
- Set up WhatsApp Web again using the phone to read the QR code app. When the service is accessed again, you must refresh the page to create a new password.
For more information on this and other topics, visit the Technology section.
Follow us on