every time you open WhatsApp from your Android smartphone, it automatically shows you its main interface, that screen where all your conversations and the “Chats”, “Status” or “Calls” tabs appear, however, there is another additional one and you find it in the upper left corner with a camera icon, in case you don’t use it, would you like to delete it forever? Next we will explain how to do it.
MIRA: Android: how to search for cheap flights from your cell phone
The aforementioned icon WhatsApp open the application’s camera, although you have probably never used it to take a picture, film videos or post statuses, since there is another way to do it and it is through a specific chat, from here it will not be necessary to look for a contact to send him what you have captured, but you will share the file in a quick and easy way.
MIRA: What is WhatsApp ‘drunk mode’? learn what it is for and how it is activated
Besides, WhatsApp It has a widget to open the camera of its platform from the beginning of your Android mobile, so you won’t have to look for it in a chat or in the main interface. It is important to clarify that the trick will remove the camera icon, however, it will be replaced by another function called “Communities”, one of the latest tools that the app belonging to Meta has been testing.
THE STEPS TO REMOVE THE CAMERA ICON FROM WHATSAPP
According to the information disseminated by the technology portal WabetaInfothe “Camera” tab will be replaced by the new “Communities” tool, the same one that has been in development for months and will finally reach the beta version of WhatsApp for Android.
What is communities? Basically, it is a space where the administrators will have greater control over the groups of WhatsApp that they manage, means that they will be able to create a community chat within a group chat, for example: if there are 20 students in a classroom, the WhatsApp group could be divided into 4 communities of five users so that they can develop the topic they the teacher left them. Knowing this, learn how to remove the camera icon and replace it with the communities icon.
- As we said before, at the moment you will only be able to replace the camera icon in the beta version of WhatsAppa testing program where users experiment with the new features that Meta plans to add to its application before they are officially released to everyone.
- Enter the Android Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp.
- Click on the first option that appears and scroll down.
- Find and tap the “Become a beta tester” button. If you don’t see it then access this link to go directly.
- Now, click on “Become a verifier”.
- Accept the conditions and you will have to wait a bit for you to start downloading WhatsApp Beta.
- Finally, you have to wait for WhatsApp to launch “Communities” in the beta for you to replace the camera icon. Remember that new features take a while to arrive because they are gradually expanding around the world.
How to change the WhatsApp logo to a cross
- Download the Nova Launcher app.
- Once you’ve done that set it as default.
- For this you will have to go to “Settings” > “Applications” > “Default applications”. In Launcher or Launcher you must choose Nova Launcher.
- Enter Google and search for the emoji of the cross in PNG.
- Then press for a few seconds the logo of WhatsApp and the “Edit” option will appear.
- Look for the image of the cross that you downloaded and that’s it.
- With this you will have replaced the traditional WhatsApp icon with a cross with a purple background for Easter.
HOW DO I HIDE MY NAME IN WHATSAPP GROUPS?
- The first thing will be to enter this Compart website.
- Select what is in the box and copy it.
- At that moment you must enter WhatsApp.
- Click on Settings and from there on Profile.
- You will be given the option to edit your name.
- You will have to disable it and that’s it.