One of the platforms instant messaging most used is WhatsAppEvery day, millions of people around the world communicate through this medium, either by messages, photos, videos, voice memos, video callsetc.
This application has many advantages, but one of the main ones is that it is constantly updated, which causes new features and tools are added to the platform. On this occasion, we tell you all the news that WhatsApp will have available to all its users.
What are the new features in WhatsApp
This new tool will help improve communication between users, it has a different style from the already famous groups. In the communities, there will be administrators who supervise the global communication in order to maintain the organization.
One of the advantages it will have is that those who make up a community will be able to create and manage their own internal groups with which to subdivide the different tasks. Some of the characteristics that communities will have are:
- Chats will be end-to-end encrypted.
- The phone number will be hidden from community members, only administrators will be able to see it.
- The communities are private: WhatsApp will not allow you to search or locate them, they can only be accessed by means of an invitation.
- Only administrators will be able to send broadcast messages to the entire community.
- Each community will have a list of groups that can be accessed. Admins can add and move groups, also delete them.
- Users will be able to decide if they want to be added to communities, just like groups today.
- Administrators will be able to report abuse and unauthorized use of communities to WhatsApp. The company can expel participants, close groups and even communities.
You can also read: WhatsApp: how to activate the function of temporary photos and videos
2. WhatsApp reactions
After months of testing, reactions in chats, similar to those on Facebook, will finally be available. They will show up when a user long-clicks on a message to select it, just like in Facebook Messenger.
The emojis that will be available are I like it, I love it, It amuses me, It amazes me, It saddens me and the praying emoji, they will be different from those of Facebook since they will have animation.
You can also read: WhatsApp: how to disable multi-device and load messages fast
3. Send files up to 2 GB
After several months of testing in Argentina, WhatsApp will now allow you to send up to 2 GB of attachments to all users. Finally, another novelty is that the messaging platform will increase the number of participants in voice calls from eight to thirty-two.
For more information, follow our Technology section.