Why apply sunscreen?
In addition to sunburn, which can be very painful, sunscreen is necessary to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun. Skin cancer, premature aging of the epidermis, burns, appearance of spots or rides… Some people even wear them every day (in Japan or the United States for example) because the sun’s rays are very powerful, they penetrate clouds or windows. You are therefore exposed to it on the bus to work, while walking your dog or when you walk in cloudy weather. In short, all the time!
Which SPF to choose?
It is often the first thing we look at when choosing our Solar cream : le SPF (Sun Protection Factor) is the sun protection index of our products. The latter has the ability to protect our skin against the UV rays of the sun: UVA having an effect on the aging of the skin and UVB can cause sunburn, burns and cancer… There are four categories of sun protection:
- The clues weak range from SPF 6 to SPF10.
- The clues means from SPF 15 to SPF 25.
- The clues Tops from SPF 30 to SPF 50.
- Then the clues very tall from SPF 50 to SPF50+.
And to know which is the most suitable protection, just look in the mirror and observe the color of your skin, your eyes and even your hair.
- You have the light hair and one pale skin? You need strong protection to avoid sunburn.
- Light or dark skin with blond, chestnut or brown hair is a category of intermediate skin. Your skin is more sensitive at the start of exposure then adapts to the sun to tan more easily. We recommend using an SPF 30 to 50.
- If you have dark skin, your skin naturally produces a lot of melanin and is UV protected. You are not prone to sunburn but the use of an SPF 15 to 30 is however recommended.
What is the best sunscreen?
It’s hard to answer this question… We want to tell you that it depends on your preferences! In spray, milk, water, oil: there is something for everyone. Here are our recommendations:
- The Solar cream, the most common product on the market, is appreciable for its rich texture, its effective protection and its high resistance to water, wind or perspiration. We like the spray versions, easy to apply and ultra practical to reach the whole body.
Lait en spray The Ritual of Karma SPF30
Sun-Protect moisturizing lotion spray SPF50
- L’solar oil has many sensory benefits: a divine smell, a pretty satiny veil without a greasy film, ideal for oily-prone skin. Our favorite ? That of The Dewwhich can be applied to the face, body and hair.
Sun oil SPF30
- But if you don’t like the texture of sunscreens and are looking for a product that you won’t even feel on your skin, sunscreen water is perfect. The Sun Beauty of Lancaster offers excellent overall protection (UVA, UVB, visible light and infrared) in addition to a tanning activator and a refreshing sensation upon application.
Sun Beauty Sun Protection Water SPF30
Which sunscreen to choose for the face?
No, we don’t always recommend applying the same sun protection to the face and the body. The skin of our pretty face being thinner and more often exposed to the sun, it is more fragile. We therefore choose a protection that we will apply after our day cream. For the choice, our heart balances between a moisturizing treatment at Aesopideal for skin lacking hydration, or the gel texture of the Invisible Shield at Glossierwhich fits perfectly into our skincare routine.
Protective face lotion SPF25
Which anti-aging sunscreen to choose?
Are you looking for a multifunctional product? You should know that some of our favorite brands have sunscreens with anti-aging properties. Yes, as we explained earlier, the sun can have harmful effects on the aging of our skin. That’s why we completely fall for the Sunissime range of Lierac, the first anti-aging range that protects while energizing the skin. In the composition of the products, we findhyaluronic acid and tan-activating peptides to fight wrinkles, loss of firmness and spots while providing radiant, fortified skin.
Sunissime Global Anti-Aging Protective Fluid SPF30
Sunissime protective milk SPF 50
Sun protection: how to add it to our daily routine?
American women have already adopted the beauty gesture of putting on Solar cream every morning. In France, and even in Europe, we tend to forget this step. If, like us, you are looking to link the useful to the practical, why not fall for cosmetics containing an SPF? At the house of Fenty Skin, Rihanna’s favorite product (Hydra Vizor niacinamide moisturizer) protects the skin without leaving a greasy finish. For sensitive skin, Charlotte Tilbury offers a foundation base with an SPF50 that will give hydrated skin and a flawless complexion. And if you were looking for a good tinted product, the GinZing tinted moisturizer fromOriginswhich adapts to the pH of the skin, is perfect for high sun protection and an immediate healthy glow effect.
Hydra Vizor SPF30 Moisturizing Cream
Invisible UV Flawless Poreless Primer SPF50
GinZing Tinted Moisturizer SPF40
Sun protection: don’t forget your mouth or your hair!
Yes, yes, you read that right. In summer, we don’t think about it enough, but the sun’s rays can harm our lips and our hair. Their skin containing almost no melanin pigment, it is not able to protect itself from light rays. We therefore opt for an anti-UV lip balm in order to display a pretty hydrated mouth. As for the hair, it is already abused enough between sand and chlorine to neglect the effect that sun exposure can have on it! We strongly suggest that you invest in a protective spray in the form of a mist to nourish them and keep them beautiful and silky throughout the year.
Lip balm SPF 50+
Sun Care sun protection spray
“All the products featured in this article have been selected by our editors. When you purchase through our sales links, we may earn an affiliate commission. The prices indicated and the stocks can be brought to vary between the moment when the article is published and your reading of the page. »
Read also :
Sun protection: 20 moisturizing face creams with SPF
Moisturizing cream: how to choose it according to your skin type?
Makeup: here is the ultimate list of essential products for a perfect complexion