United States entities allow the absentee voting by mail. This means that if an American cannot vote in person on Election Day at his or her center, he or she can anticipate and votar through the postal service. Be careful, not by email.
Although states have absentee votingThe rules on who can participate vary. It also changes the anticipation period with which they can do it.
Some states require a excuse or justification to exercise the vote in absentia. They take into account illnesses, injuries, motor disabilities and advanced age (over 65 years).
Certain entities where proof is required to receive the electoral ticket, they are taking as a valid excuse the coronavirus pandemic. “Because of the coronavirus, your state can automatically send you an absentee ballot or a form to complete and request one,” he says. USA Gov.
States that require justification to vote by mail
Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia y West Virginia.
States that do not require justification
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, states are encouraging postal voting. Some send the ballot to the citizens’ house, but others require that it be collected in the office, take it into account.
We recommend: What are the ‘swing states’ and why are they key to the choice?
How to vote by mail?
1) The first step is to request a ballot for absence.
2) Go to the website of your state electoral office (click here) and look for the request. You will need your driver’s license or other identification.
3) Some states allow you to apply online. Print the form to fill it out and sign it. Then send it to the County Recorder where you live.
3) You can also get the personalized ballot by mail; it has a folio. You should fill it with a black pen, according to the instructions. The ballot includes the options to vote for President, Senate candidates, House of Representatives and Governor, if applicable.
4) Once you cast your vote, save it in a confidentiality envelope. You already have the address to which it should be sent.
Deadlines for voting by mail in each state
The date early voting begins can be as soon as 45 days before the election, or as late as Friday before the election.
1) Alabama: October 29. The Covid-19 is a valid excuse.
2) Alaska: October 24.
3) Arizona: October 23.
4) Arkansas: October 27.
5) California: October 27.
6) Colorado: All mail.
7) Connecticut: November 2. The Covid-19 is a valid excuse.
8) Delaware: October 30. The Covid-19 is a valid excuse.
9) Washington DC: October 27.
10) Florida: October 24.
11) Georgia: October 30.
12) Hawái: All mail.
13) Idaho: October 23.
14) Illinois: October 29.
15) Indiana: October 22. Excuse needed.
16) Iowa: October 24.
17) Kansas: October 27.
18) Kentucky: October 27. Excuse needed.
19) Louisiana: October 30. Excuse needed.
20) Maine: October 29.
21) Maryland: October 27.
22) Massachusetts: October 27th.
23) Michigan: October 30.
24) Minnesota: November 2.
25) Mississippi: Not specified.
26) Missouri: October 21.
27) Montana: November 2.
28) Nebraska: October 23.
29) Nevada: October 20.
30) New Hampshire: Not specified. The Covid-19 is a valid excuse.
31) New Jersey: October 27.
32) New Mexico: October 20.
33) New York: October 27.
34) North Carolina: October 27.
35) North Dakota: Not specified.
36) Ohio: October 31.
37) Oklahoma: October 27.
38) Oregon: All mail.
39) Pennsylvania: October 27.
40) Rhode Island: October 13.
41) South Carolina: October 30. Excuse needed.
42) South Dakota: November 2.
43) Tennessee: October 27. The Covid-19 is a valid excuse.
44) Texas: October 23. Excuse needed.
45) Utah: All mail.
46) Vermont: November 2.
47) Virginia: October 23.
48) Washington: All mail.
49) West Virginia: October 28. The Covid-19 is a valid excuse.
50) Wisconsin: October 29.
51) Wyoming: November 2.
Lee: Learn about the stages of the electoral process in the United States