Razor itch is a fungal skin infection that develops under the beard. However, it can also develop on the neck, chin, and upper lip. The cause behind barber’s itch is two types of fungi called tinea cruris and trichomoniasis. This fungal infection is contagious and can easily spread to other parts of the body from during direct contact.
During the next report, we talk about the symptoms, causes and treatment of razor itch, according to the website “onlymyhealth“.
Barber’s itch symptoms
Acne full of pus.
– Hair loss.
Ringworm rash under the beard.
Causes of razor itch
1. Direct contact with infected persons:
If you have been in direct contact with people or animals with a fungal infection, skin-to-skin contact will also cause the fungus to choose another area of skin to grow.
Stress can also have an effect on your immune system, making you more likely to get a fungal infection like barber’s itch. This will then help release inflammatory chemicals, such as histamine and adrenaline, to increase your blood pressure levels.
Causes of razor itch
3. Weakened immune system:
Our immune system helps fight infection, thus protecting the body from bacteria and fungi. When this important part of your body is damaged or compromised, you may be at risk of getting infected and finding harmful bacteria.
Bacteria or fungi grow and settle in our bodies and we do not maintain good personal hygiene, and the amount of fungi and microbes multiplies and then can cause many infections.
Razor itch treatment
1. Topical antifungal creams:
If you have a fungal infection such as barber’s itch, your doctor may prescribe a special antifungal cream to apply topically. To avoid the spread of fungal infections, the area must be kept dry and clean.
Topical antifungal creams
2. Anti-allergic drugs:
A person may have a red, itchy rash in ringworm under the beard. If you have such a fungal infection, your doctor may prescribe anti-allergic medications to relieve the symptoms of itching.
Washing the face with soap can also help get rid of barber’s itch. You just have to clean the affected area with warm water and apply soap twice a day, then pat it dry with a clean dry towel.