Twitch is planning a new monetization system… and not everyone likes it

Game News Twitch is planning a new monetization system… and not everyone likes it

It looks like Twitch is currently overhauling how it compensates its top talent, and not everyone is happy with that.

Towards always more pubs?

The news has just fallen on the side of Bloomberg: Amazon would consider modifying the rules of monetization of the Twitch platform to generate even more profits. For this, several avenues are considered. The first, the most cringeworthy, would be an increase in the distribution of advertising. For this, the platform would encourage its biggest talents to integrate more pubs on their channel in exchange for better earnings. Of course, this new proposal, even if it is not yet effective, could affect the comfort of viewers. As you probably already know, on Twitch, ads can appear without warning, even when you watch a League of Legends competition for example, which can quickly be annoying, especially if their broadcast rate is increased… But this is not is not all.

It would also seem that Amazon would be ready to put its greatest talents to the back to generate even more profits. Indeed, at the time of writing, Twitch recovers “only” 30% of earnings earned by a subscription or by a donation made by viewers, which means that the other 70 percent ends up in the pockets of content creators. Unfortunately, in the future, this sharing may be scaled back for bigger streamers…

Towards less earnings for streamers?

According to sources shared by Bloomberg (sources who have chosen to remain anonymous), the profit percentage of streamers could be scaled down as their earnings increase. The more a streamer earns, the lower his profit share will be, until a fair share is reached. That is, 50% of the earnings will go to the streamer (instead of 70%) and the other 50% will land in Amazon’s pockets (instead of 30%). This news obviously made the biggest streamers react, starting with MisterMV who was quick to share the news.

However, the arrival of this new formula would allow creators of content to gain freedom according to the American giant, since in exchange, Twitch could, for example, offer its partners to lift the exclusivity restrictions to allow them to post their videos on YouTube or Facebook.

Obviously, this new information is the result of an internal discussion, which means that it is simply ideas put forward by employees of Amazon and Twitch. It is therefore possible that the latter will never see the light of day. However, if the ideas are validated, they could be effective this summer.


Par JeromeJoffardWriting jeuxvideo.com

MPTwitter

Share:

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

On Key

Related Posts