All-clear for the Olympians: beds in the Olympic Village are stable for sex

All-clear for Olympians
Beds in the Olympic village stable for sex

The beds in the Olympic Village in Tokyo are “stable” enough for sex. An Irish gymnast reveals a different newspaper report as “fake news”. But “unnecessary body contact” should still be avoided.

The beds in the Olympic Village in Tokyo are “stable” enough for sex. The organizers have now confirmed this after individual athletes had expressed doubts about the stability of the cardboard structures.

Irish gymnast Rhys McClenaghan had filmed himself on Sunday jumping repeatedly on a bed to verify a report in the New York Post. The newspaper had claimed the beds were deliberately made fragile to aid social distancing. “The beds are supposed to be an anti-sex measure. They are made of cardboard, yes, but apparently they are supposed to break if you move suddenly. This is fake news,” said McClenaghan in the video he posted on Twitter: “These sustainable beds are stable! “

The report in the New York Post was based on an apparently tongue-in-cheek tweet by US long-distance runner Paul Chelimo. He stated that the cardboard beds “aim to avoid intimacy among the athletes”. The beds would only withstand the weight of a single person in order to prevent “situations outside of sports”. At the beginning of the year, the manufacturer Airweave promised that the beds would withstand a weight of 200 kilograms and that they would have undergone rigorous stress tests. The Australian basketball player Andrew Bogut had previously questioned their steadfastness.

The recommendation: “Avoid unnecessary body contact”

“We did experiments like dropping weights on the beds,” said a spokesman. “As long as only two people are in bed, they should be strong enough to carry the load.” Thousands of athletes will be housed in the Olympic Village during the Tokyo Games, which begin Friday.

Despite warnings to “avoid unnecessary physical contact”, organizers are expected to hand out 160,000 condoms. These were “not intended to be used in the Olympic Village,” said the organizing committee. Instead, they should “be taken by the athletes to their respective home countries and help to support the campaign to raise awareness about AIDS”.

.

Swiss sprinter Wilson improves 100-meter European record

Atlanta (AP) – A few days before the start of the Olympic Games in Tokyo, the Swiss sprinter Alex Wilson set a European record over 100 meters.

The 30-year-old ran the distance in 9.84 seconds at a meeting in Atlanta, Georgia, on Sunday. The native Jamaican improved the old continental best of the Portuguese Francis Obikwelu and the French Jimmy Vicaut (9.86 seconds).

Wilson also undercut the Swiss 200 meter record he held at the athletics event in Atlanta by nine hundredths of a second and came in at 19.89 seconds.

.

Nurse asks young woman to wear mask and is attacked in Metro de Madrid

UA nurse at the 12 de Octubre hospital in Madrid was brutally attacked when, while traveling on the city’s metro last Thursday, he asked a young man in the same train to put on a mask. Not liking the question, the boy hit the health professional in the eye with “a sharp object”.

The man was still referred to the health unit where he works, but, as El Mundo progresses, the damage was “irreparable” and the nurse even ended up losing sight in one of his eyes. “It will not come back to him”, police sources indicated to the referred publication.

In a video of the moment shared on social networks, it is possible to see the attack and how everything unfolded before the incredulous eyes of the other passengers.

After being hit, the nurse was forced to step back and get down on his knees, due to loss of balance on impact. The aggressor – who abandoned the subway at the Alto del Arenal station – has not yet been identified and the authorities have already asked the population for help to obtain information about this.

You can see the images below:

[Aviso: as imagens podem ferir a suscetibilidade dos leitores mais sensíveis]

Read Also: Spain paid tribute to victims at a time of rising cases

Always be the first to know.
Fifth consecutive year Consumer Choice for Online Press.
Download our free App.

Apple Store Download
Google Play Download

.

A woman died in Madeira after being assaulted by a family member

“A The victim was a resident of that parish and suspicions are that she was attacked by a family member,” said the same source to Lusa news agency.

The alert for this occurrence “was given in the middle of this afternoon”, he said, adding that the woman “was assisted by the firefighters because she was in cardiorespiratory arrest” and that “resuscitation maneuvers were carried out”.

A Rapid Intervention Medical Team (EMIR) was also at the scene, but the victim “ended up dying on the spot”, he added, mentioning that “the PSP took care of the occurrence”.

A source from the Judiciary Police (PJ) confirmed to Lusa that he “was called” and that the agents are examining the place and investigating the situation, refusing to reveal more details at the time.

Read Also: Madeira Criticizes Government “Silence” on Groundforce Strike

Always be the first to know.
Fifth consecutive year Consumer Choice for Online Press.
Download our free App.

Apple Store Download
Google Play Download

.

[clicazot] JH. Ratenon announces that he will vote against the health pass and the compulsory vaccine

This Monday, July 19, the bill relating to the health crisis will be examined by the Council of Ministers.

And from Tuesday July 20, it will pass in committee to the National Assembly and will arrive Wednesday 21 in session to be debated in the hemicycle, then voted.

Faced with this liberticidal law, and from the moment when the examination of the law begins, it will be necessary to be indignant, to mobilize everywhere in France, to say NO to the sanitary pass.

Once again, Macron’s government has failed in its crisis management strategy, and as a result, it prefers to impose rather than to convince.

Faced with this attack on freedom, democracy and human dignity, my parliamentary group will continue to oppose and vote against the health pass and the compulsory vaccine. We will table amendments to derail this text while hoping that they will resonate with other Members.

But if this law passes, France Insubordinate to the assembly, composed of 17 deputies, will propose to seize the constitutional council. To do this, we will have to convince other deputies, because we will have to be at least 60 deputies for a referral.

The health pass will totally change the face of our society, it is liberticidal and must be countered. The people must express their refusal wherever possible, to put pressure on the vote in the National Assembly and on the government.

Jean-Hugues Ratenon,

deputy of Reunion

.

The transfer of the forward of Cordoba will cost Krasnodar 20 million

Krasnodar will pay for the Hertha forward John Cordoba 20 million euros. About this with reference to the German edition Bild writes “Championship”.

As the Russian club wrote, Cordoba had to undergo a medical examination.

  • The market value of Cordoba is 15 million euros.
  • Last season, the forward played 21 matches for Hertha, scored 7 goals and made 2 assists.
  • The RPL season kicks off next week.

.

Barca coach Koeman “in love” with ex-Rapidler Demir – football

Yusuf Demir on the way to becoming a superstar! The ex-Rapidler makes an impression at the big FC Barcelona, ​​especially with coach Ronald Koeman.

After moving to the Catalans, Demir is currently doing his first training sessions. And he obviously cuts a fine figure. The sports journalist Gerard Romero from the Catalan portal “Esport RAC1” reports that head coach Ronald Koeman is looking at his feet – and is enthusiastic about Demir’s achievements. He is downright “in love” with the newcomer.

In addition, Koeman already sees a second Pedri in Demir. After moving to Barca, the 18-year-old Spaniard turned out to be a whiz and in a few weeks gained a regular place in the superstar squad. The future will show whether the Demir will succeed. In any case, the fact is that the jump from Hütteldorf to Barcelona seems to have been a success for the time being.

Nav-Account red Time| Akt:

.

Thousands demonstrated in France against health measures

MIslands of people demonstrated today in the main cities of France against the Government’s new measures to stop the pandemic, namely the mandatory vaccination of health professionals and the requirement to have a digital certificate.

They should be approved on Monday by the French Council of Ministers and on Wednesday they will be debated in the National Assembly.

In Paris, the protesters, many of them dressed in yellow vests, are concentrated in the Louvre area and from there they made their way to the Ministry of Health, without incident, according to the agency Efe. You can see the images of the protests in the gallery above.

The new measures, announced by the President of France, Emmanuel Mácron, on the 12th of this month, aim to encourage vaccination to combat the growth of the delta variant, which is believed to be responsible for 67% of new cases detected in France.

Among the measures is the obligation for all health professionals to be vaccinated and the requirement to have a digital vaccination certificate or a negative test to access various social activities.

The Government’s objective is to prevent a new wave of the pandemic from affecting the country and forcing new confinements, with negative consequences for the economy.

After Macron’s announcement, in less than 24 hours, nearly two million people scheduled vaccination across the country and on Friday, the national record of inoculations was broken, almost 800,000.

The covid-19 pandemic has caused at least 4,070,508 deaths worldwide, among more than 188.8 million cases of infection by the new coronavirus, according to the latest report by Agence France-Presse, released on Friday.

The respiratory disease is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, detected in late 2019 in Wuhan, a city in central China, and currently with variants identified in countries such as the United Kingdom, India, South Africa, Brazil and Peru.

Also Read: France will require a maximum 24-hour test for travelers from Portugal

Always be the first to know.
Fifth consecutive year Consumer Choice for Online Press.
Download our free App.

Apple Store Download
Google Play Download

.

Greipel – “Next time I’ll have an eBike or grill sausages on the side of the road”

André Greipel left his mark on the Tour de France for over a decade. On the penultimate stage, he announces the end of his career – and causes a few laughs at the finish. A Belgian wins.

When André Greipel stood on the starting ramp in Libourne in western France this Saturday before rolling into the 20th stage of the Tour de France, the cat was already out of the bag: The best active German professional cyclist ended his career at the end of the year. The eleven-time tour stage winner announced this a good half an hour beforehand via social media.

He completed the subsequent 30.8 kilometers of the individual time trial to Saint-Émilion at a leisurely pace. The Belgian Wout Van Aert wins. Greipel lands well behind in 113th place. The Slovenian child prodigy Tadej Pogacar easily finishes eighth and is thus close to successfully defending his title. His performance dominates international reporting.

Photo series with 27 pictures

From a German point of view, there is only one story on this day: The end of the career of Greipel, who had turned 39 the day before and is affectionately known by his colleagues as the “gorilla” based on his physiognomy.

“I’ve always said that when I’m 40, I don’t want to be on my bike anymore and do a number behind myself,” says Greipel after ARD has reached the finish line. That is why he made the decision early in the year and has now announced it.

The fact that he announced this one day before the tour finale in Paris and not afterwards, however, seems a bit unusual. “The team wanted to do that today. We don’t have much to say about the time trial,” explains Greipel.

At the end of the year he will hang up his bike and terminate his contract, which actually runs until 2022, early. “It’s definitely a relief. And I was able to enjoy it a little more when I was climbing the Tourmalet and Mont Ventoux,” says Greipel with a wink. “The next time I’ll have an eBike or I’ll grill a sausage on the side of the road.”

After having been part of the Tour of France inventory for more than a decade, it will only start on one stage of the Tour – and that on Sunday on the legendary Champs-Élysées (from 4 p.m. in the t-online live ticker). There he won in 2015 and 2016.

Rick Zabel keeps his fingers crossed for Greipel

A repetition of this feat would further refine Greipel’s career with 158 professional victories so far – 22 of them in the great tours of the Tour, Giro d’Italia and Vuelta a España. With his twelfth stage win, he could also catch up with Erik Zabel as the second most successful German tour stage winner.

Someone who would not necessarily be trusted to do so at first, keeps his fingers crossed for him: Roommate Rick Zabel. “My father drove in his time, we drive in ours. Records are there to be broken. And it would be really cool if that works,” the 27-year-old told t-online before the tour.

Greipel himself hardly thinks about it. Completely a professional cyclist, he is already focusing on one detail of the final stage: the goal moved 150 meters backwards. “I think it’s a shame that a sprint that has been the same for 20 or 25 years has been changed. It doesn’t have to be,” said Greipel. “It was always a prestige sprint and many knew what a key factor is to win. I don’t know why that decision was made, but now we have to deal with it and make the best of it.”

.

“Hollywood Ripper” was sentenced to death in Los Angeles

O criminal known as the “Hollywood Ripper” (“Hollywood Ripper”) was sentenced to death for the murder of two women and the attempted murder of a third, in a case that has been dragging on in the courts for 20 years.

Michael Thomas Gargiulo [à direita na imagem], now 45, heard the sentence read on Friday in a Los Angeles courthouse. “Wherever Mr. Gargiulo went, death and destruction followed him,” said the judge.

It should be noted that Gargiulo’s case received even more media attention when it became known that one of the victims was about to go out on a date with actor Ashton Kutcher, before being murdered. Kutcher testified in court in 2019 as he went to the home of the victim, 22-year-old Ashley Ellerin.

Gargiulo was found guilty of the murder of Ashley, a fashion design student who was getting ready to leave her Hollywood home in 2001. In court, Kutcher said he was late to pick her up and that she didn’t opened the door.

The young woman was found the next day by a friend. She had been stabbed 47 times.

The four known victims of Michael Thomas Gargiulo. Only Michelle survived.© Al Seib-Pool/Getty Images

The accused was also convicted of the murder of 32-year-old Maria Bruno. The mother of four children was at her home in El Monte when she was killed in 2005.

Additionally, Gargiulo was found guilty of the attempted murder of Michelle Murphy in 2008, which managed to scare him away. Murphy was the key witness in the case.

According to press reports, it is difficult for Gargiulo to be executed in the state of California, where no one has died at the hands of the state since 2006. The man could, however, be extradited to his home state of Illinois, where he is guilty of the death by Tricia Pacaccio, in 1993.

Also Read: Viral image of submerged car with offense to Greta Thunberg is false

Always be the first to know.
Fifth consecutive year Consumer Choice for Online Press.
Download our free App.

Apple Store Download
Google Play Download

.