Extinction of SEF approved in Parliament by PS with help from Bloc and PAN | Foreign Service and borders

The Government’s draft law for the extinction of the Aliens and Borders Service (SEF) and the distribution of its powers by the GNR, PJ, PSP and Institutes of Registry and Notary, as well as the creation of the Aliens and Asylum Service, was approved in general only with the votes in favor of the PS and of the non-attached deputy Joacine Katar Moreira, but with the essential help of abstentions from the Bloc and the PAN. The other parties (PSD, PCP, CDS, PEV, Chega, IL) and deputy Cristina Rodrigues voted against.

.

All defendants in the case of Giovani Rodrigues – Portugal released

This Monday, the Bragança Court ordered the immediate release of all the defendants in the Giovani Rodrigues case, reducing the coercive measures to which they are subject during the trial to a ban on leaving the county and periodic presentations.

The request to change the coercive measures arose on the initiative of the Public Prosecutor’s Office, as the maximum period of preventive detention to which three of the defendants are subject, for almost a year and a half, is running out, and for the remaining four, who are with electronic bracelet, are on equal terms.

As it is expected that the trial, with new dates set for September 1st and 2nd, will extend well beyond all deadlines for the deprivation of liberty measures, the panel of judges understood that the defendants are all obliged to present themselves twice a week to the police authority in the area of ​​residence and prohibited from leaving the municipality.

All the accused reside in the municipality of Bragança and today they left the trial session free of charge because the court also understands that the dangers associated with the measures of deprivation of liberty, namely the disruption of the evidence, no longer exist.

The prosecution’s evidence is complete, although the court has yet to hear close to 50 defense witnesses at the trial which, in the last session before the court vacation, was marked today by the presence of the victim’s father, Joaquim Rodrigues.

Giovani’s father is an assistant in the process and traveled from Cape Verde to Bragança to talk about the loss of his son, but especially about the message that recently emerged in the process, allegedly exchanged between the young man and a friend in the United States, on the night of the events .

Joaquim Rodrigues guaranteed that the message “is true” and that the content in which the victim tells her friend that she was “knocked in the head” gained relevance when the Media learned that the possibility was raised that Giovani had fallen and was not assaulted. .

The father said he was aware of the message, which after all was exchanged on the Viber social network and not on Messenger as initially indicated, in March of this year, after the trial in which seven young men from Bragança are accused of murder.

He explained that that is why he was only now joined to the process and because the fall thesis was only made public at the trial, but he acknowledged that he had already heard this theory a few days after the young man’s death.

“Giovani’s death represents immeasurable pain, this will last forever,” said his father.

Giovani died on December 31, 2019, ten days after the dawn of December 21, when Portuguese and Cape Verdean youths are believed to have been involved in contempt.

On January 6, 2020, the media reported the results of the autopsy, which, as it was a vehicle in the trial, was inconclusive, indicating that the death could have resulted from both aggression and a fall.

The autopsy referred to the possible fall that the young man took before he was found unconscious and alone on Av. Sá Carneiro, in Bragança, hundreds of meters from the initial events.

But it is the very friends who accompanied Giovani that dawn who told the authorities, during the investigation, of a fall down a ladder during his escape in contempt, which they later said was a trip.

The defendants’ defenses have bet on this possibility, that it was the fall that caused the traumatic brain injury that caused the death of the young Cape Verdean and the court even ordered the suspension of a public work taking place on these stairs, for a possible visit to the site. during the trial.

Giovani’s family and the prosecution continue to insist that the fatal wound resulted from a blow with a stick by one of the defendants.

The doctor who assisted the young man in the emergency room at the Hospital de Bragança testified at the trial that the victim showed no signs of beating on the body, only the severe trauma to the head that led to his transfer to a hospital in Porto, where he died.

The young man had arrived in Bragança just over a month ago to study at the Polytechnic, and, on the night of the facts, he left with three more Cape Verdean friends, who are offended/complainants in the process and for which the defendants are also accused of offense to physical integrity.

.

Remains of 751 people discovered in former Indian school in Canada | North America

A Canadian indigenous group confirmed the “shocking and horrific discovery” of 751 remains in mass graves found at the former indigenous school of Marieval, in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. The discovery comes weeks after the remains of 215 indigenous children were found in another residential school in Kamloops, in the province of British Columbia.

.

Two minors kidnapped by their father in France intercepted at Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport – Portugal

The Foreigners and Borders Service (SEF) detected at Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, in Maia, Porto district, two minors of Italian nationality who had been kidnapped by their father, in France, said that body today.

In a statement, the SEF clarifies that the minors, aged 11 and 13, were detected on Monday in the document control of the departure of the flight to Marrakesh, when they were preparing to travel in the company of their father and another younger brother. .

“According to information gathered by the SEF in the meantime, the minors will have been abducted by their father, in July 2020, at the time of the court decision to place them in the custody of the French Social Services”, refers the same note.

According to the SEF, disappeared minors were the target of a precautionary measure issued by France, with the indication of “taking all necessary measures for the protection of the minor and bringing him before the competent authorities”.

Taking into account the aforementioned precautionary measures, the children were presented at the Family and Minors Court of Matosinhos by elements of the SEF.

.

Pregnant young model dies hit by stray bullet in a war between police and drug dealers in Rio de Janeiro – World

A 24-year-old model, Kathlen Oliveira Romeo, who was three and a half months pregnant, died this Tuesday afternoon after being hit by a stray bullet near the Lins de Vasconcelos community, in the northern part of the Brazilian city of Rio de January. At the time, police from the UPP, the Pacifying Police Unit, in the region were exchanging fire with alleged drug dealers in the area of ​​the favela known as Beco da 14.

According to the police’s version, during the exchange of fire with the criminals, no one noticed that the girl had been hit, whether by bullets from drug dealers or agents is unknown. It was only after the confrontation that, as they left the community, according to the official report, the agents found Kathlen lying in the street, seriously injured.

The young model was still taken alive to Hospital Salgado Filho, but she did not resist her injuries and died shortly afterwards. With the sharp increase in violence in Rio de Janeiro, cases of people hit by stray bullets have become one of the biggest scourges in the city and only last year, the last year with the data already counted, caused the death of 100 innocent people, among them kids.

.

Mother detained for pretending to be her daughter at school for an entire day – Unusual

An American woman was arrested after impersonating her daughter at school for an entire day. Casey Garcia spent a day at the school, dressed in a loose shirt, mask and backpack. She attended several classes and only at the end of the day did the teachers realize that it was a 30-year-old woman, not a teenager.

According to the Mirror, Casey wanted to draw attention to the lack of security at that school in San Elizario, Texas. The woman filmed herself for most of the day and posted the images on social media. In the videos, teachers can be seen complaining to the ‘young woman’ to turn off the device.

“I’ve been here all day, face-to-face with the teachers and they didn’t notice”, laments the woman, assuring that only after more than seven hours of classes did a teacher find it strange that this was not a student of hers.

“I’m telling you, we need better security in our schools,” says Casey who, despite breaking the law, never thought the situation would “go that far”. “I just wanted to prove something about the safety of our children. The only thing I want to do is prevent the next mass shooting,” said the American.

Casey is charged with trespassing on private property and obstructing justice.

After the images released by Casey went viral, several parents complained to the school that, in fact, the episode reveals some security weaknesses.

.

Corruption accusations against Angola’s first lady lead IURD lawyers to knock on the door | IURD

The law firm Amaral Gourgel & Associados no longer legally represents the IURD and TV Record in Angola for disagreeing with the “deprecating” comments made against the Angolan people and the first lady, Ana Dias Lourenço.

.

Sexual abuse in the Portuguese Church: a year later, four complaints and only one open investigation | Catholic church

A year since the creation of diocesan commissions to deal with possible complaints of sexual abuse by minors or vulnerable adults committed by members of the Catholic Church, in Portugal this institution remains without centralizing the statistics that would help to understand the true dimension of the problem in the country. “It would be useful and beneficial to have a centralization of the reality of each diocese available, even for the promotion of a climate of transversal trust and capable of helping potential victims to open this painful page of their lives,” said Bishop Américo Aguiar, coordinator of the commission for the protection of minors of the Patriarchate of Lisbon, admitting that the meeting that will bring together, this Saturday, in Fatima, the representatives of the different commissions with the member of the Pontifical Commission for the protection of Minors of the Holy See, the German Jesuit Hans Zollner , can “pave the way for us to go there”, even to help consolidate “the feeling of effectiveness” in the Church’s reaction to abuses.

.

Gang beats and steals in Cascais to climb the rapper hierarchy – News

PJ detains 20 of the ‘AKJ’, a group that made more than 50 robberies on the street with assaults and threats with weapons.

Robberies and assaults served to rise up the ranks of the rapper gang ‘AKJ’, which dominated the Cabeço do Mouro neighborhood, in São Domingos de Rana, Cascais – and which boasted of crimes in songs and videos posted on the internet. A stabbing was worth an instant and increased respect from the youngest. And it was to stop the escalation of violence that the PJ of Lisbon advanced this Tuesday with the operation ‘T3’, detaining twenty gang members, between 17 and 22 years old, before a stabbing “ended up with someone dead, as happened to other groups, ”he told the CM police source.

Read the full story on CM

.

Nikol Pashinyan used diplomatic weapons – Mir – Kommersant

And about. Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan instructed the government to prepare an appeal to the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO), a military-political bloc that theoretically should protect its member countries from external encroachments. The reason for this decision was the actions of the Azerbaijani military in the Black Lake area on the border with the Syunik region. The enemy, as they say in Yerevan, has penetrated about three kilometers into the territory of Armenia and took up positions there. Baku said that “the movement of Azerbaijani troops is taking place at positions belonging to Azerbaijan.”

CSTO is calling for help

The Armenian authorities decided to use a military-political lever that had never been used before. We are talking about an appeal to the CSTO, a military-political bloc in which Armenia is, along with Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.

The corresponding decision of the acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan announced on Thursday evening – after the aggravation of the situation in Syunik region. According to him, the Azerbaijani military is deliberately provoking a new conflict.

“The current situation is fully consistent with the second paragraph of Article 2 of the Collective Security Treaty, according to which, in the event of a threat to the security, stability, territorial integrity and sovereignty of one or several participating States, or a threat to international peace and security, the participating States immediately put into operation the mechanism of joint consultations with the aim of coordinating their positions, they develop and take measures to provide assistance to such states, “he added.” On this basis, I instruct the acting Foreign and Defense Ministers Ara Ayvazyan and Vagharshak Harutyunyan, as well as the Secretary of the Security Council Armen Grigoryan to take measures to start consultations, provided for in Article 2 of the Collective Security Treaty to coordinate positions and take measures to eliminate the threat that has arisen. ” And about. The prime minister also drew attention to the fact that “on the day of the start of provocations, Azerbaijan announced large-scale exercises with the participation of 15,000 servicemen on May 16.”

It should be reminded that six months after the Second Karabakh War, the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict found its continuation in the Syunik region of Armenia. It has not yet reached armed clashes there, but the situation is extremely tense. As they say in Yerevan, on the morning of May 12, under the pretext of “clarifying the borders”, a group of Azerbaijani military entered the Armenian territory, going about 3.5 km inland and gaining a foothold in the Black Lake region. Similar attempts were made at two other sections of the border. Two-day negotiations between the Armenian and Azerbaijani military with the participation of the Russian side were not crowned with success. According to the Armenian government, currently about 250 servicemen of the Azerbaijani armed forces are still within the state borders of the country – in some parts of the Syunik and Gegharkunik regions.

Meanwhile, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry said: “The movement of Azerbaijani troops is taking place at positions belonging to Azerbaijan.” “In accordance with the trilateral statement (of the leaders of the Russian Federation, Armenia and Azerbaijan – Kommersant) dated November 9, 2020, in connection with the improvement of weather conditions in the Lachin and Kelbajar regions bordering with Armenia, the forces of Azerbaijani border troops are being deployed. The forces are deployed in positions belonging to our country. This process takes place as usual and is systematic, ”the ministry said. “Since May 12, the leadership of the State Border Service of Azerbaijan has been dispatched to the site, negotiations are underway with the border guards of the other side and steps are being taken to normalize the situation,” the message also says.

Towards the elections

Let us remind you that talks about the possible participation of the CSTO in the process of stabilizing the situation arose during all the exacerbations of the Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict. However, de facto, the organization has never taken active action. This was due to the fact that the hostilities practically did not affect the internationally recognized territory of Armenia, but were conducted exclusively in Nagorno-Karabakh, which, according to international law, belongs to Azerbaijan. When clashes began directly on the border of Armenia and Azerbaijan, as in July 2020, the CSTO limited itself to consultations. After four days, the shooting ceased, and any possible solutions became irrelevant.

During the Second Karabakh War, which completely redrawn the map of the region, some Azerbaijani missiles hit the territory of Armenia – in particular, the city of Vardenis, bordering Karabakh. Theoretically, this could become the basis for contacting the CSTO, but Nikol Pashinyan chose not to do this – apparently, realizing the futility of such a step. Nevertheless, the Armenian opposition considers such a decision a missed opportunity and uses it as another reason to criticize the authorities.

Acting Minister of Defense of Armenia Vagharshak Harutyunyan and acting Foreign Ministers Ara Ayvazyan have already held telephone talks with CSTO Secretary General Stanislav Zas. But no unexpected statements were made after them. “The CSTO is closely following the development of the situation in the border regions of the Syunik region of Armenia. As the situation develops, if necessary, actions will be taken under the provisions of the Collective Security Treaty and the CSTO Charter, ”- the only thing that was reported in the bloc.

True, in Armenia the idea of ​​contacting the CSTO is considered quite promising. “Without a doubt, after the intervention of the CSTO, the problem around the Black Lake will be resolved in favor of Armenia,” Secretary of the Security Council Armen Grigoryan said on the air of the First Channel of Armenia. “This is not a local, but a global provocation. The enemy understands that we will restore the army in the shortest possible time with the help of Russia, therefore he is taking such steps. “

Director of the Yerevan Institute of the Caucasus, Alexander Iskandaryan, in an interview with Kommersant, explained that Armenia’s appeal to the CSTO should be taken as an appeal to Russia itself. “On a serious note, no one expects the Kazakhs and Kyrgyz to send troops here. Russia is expected to take action, ”the expert said.

It should be reminded that early parliamentary elections will be held in Armenia on June 20, and any decisions of the authorities and the opposition should also be considered in this context. Nikol Pashinyan’s appeal to the CSTO may look like a correction of previous mistakes and a demonstration of decisiveness that will please the voter. However, if such a step does not help in any way to solve the problem, then the effect may be the opposite.

Kirill Krivosheev; Arshaluis Mgdesyan, Yerevan

.