Formula 1, Grand Prix in Imola: the decision on the public has arrived

The Grand Prix of Emilia Romagna Formula 1, scheduled this weekend on the circuit of Imola, It will take place without audience due to the emergency Coronavirus. The official announcement came from the same Autodromo Enzo and Dino Ferrari: there have been no exceptions to the dpcm promulgated in recent days. The tickets were sold out: reimbursement procedures are being evaluated.

“Formula Imola announces that following the negotiations between the State / the Emilia Romagna Region / the Municipality of Imola on the interpretations of the Prime Ministerial Decree of 24 October 2020 containing, among other things, provisions for the conduct of national and international sports extremely conservative assessment despite the program of the event providing for a very rigid discipline of multiple health and safety checks both as regards the inflow and outflow routes of spectators who have purchased a valid ticket for a pre-assigned and suitably spaced seat in the compliance with the COVID-19 rules previously established by the Italian Government “.

“The Municipality of Imola tried to propose further containment measures until the very end health risk, further reducing the capacity initially granted with regional derogation by President Bonaccini to half the authorized number, but there was no opening to allow the event to be held with open doors, albeit in compliance with these proposed rules. The Emirates Formula 1 Grand Prix of Emilia Romagna, scheduled for October 31 – November 1 at the Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari will therefore take place behind closed doors ”.

“The organizer Formula Imola is evaluating, in agreement with the Government representatives responsible for supervising the formalities relating to the extraordinary cancellation of the presence of the public and hospitality how to refund tickets, which in any case will take place within the shortest possible time “.

OMNISPORT | 28-10-2020 14:01

Fonte: Getty Images

.

Marko: “Gasly will drive for AlphaTauri next season, teammate will be announced soon”

For Pierre Gasly, the door at Red Bull Racing is finally closed. Helmut Marko has confirmed that the Frenchman will also drive for the AlphaTauri team next season.

The Frenchman has been regularly associated with Alexander Albon’s Red Bull seat in recent weeks. The Thai Briton is currently underperforming next to Max Verstappen, while Gasly is performing one strong performance after another with sister team AlphaTauri. However, Red Bull Racing does not seem to have forgotten the past. Gasly had already been in such a Red Bull for half a season in 2019, but then – just like Albon now – was unable to break pots with the main force.

Team boss Christian Horner has kept the possible return of the 24-year-old driver every time. He recently said that Albon did better last season at AlphaTauri than Gasly does now, while the Frenchman has even a Grand Prix victory to his name. Albon therefore still seems to be preferred, although Helmut Marko has now indicated that the Thai Briton has until the beginning of December to prove himself.

The same Marko has now definitively locked the door for Gasly: ​​”We have already made our decision about Pierre,” the opposite says. RTL. “He will be riding for AlphaTauri next season and will be his teammate at the latest after the Bahrain Grand Prix [zondag 6 december, red.] announced. “Gasly himself said some time ago that he was looking for that Red Bull seat.

.

Mongolian community demands public apology from Verstappen

The insults of Max Verstappen do not pass near the Mongolian community

“What a retard! What a Mongolian ”, Max Verstappen let loose on the on-board radio after colliding with Lance Stroll during the second free practice session in Portugal. He had already been criticized by Helmut Marko, but it is not over.

While Christian Horner initially defended Verstappen, Marko was not so forgiving. “We told him it was inappropriate”, he told Sky Sports Germany.

Mongolian politician Unro Janchiv also said he was not happy with Verstappen and his use of the word “mongol” like swear word. On Twitter, he asked if Verstappen and his team had not forgotten the spirit behind the initiative. “We Race As One”.

After all the commotion on social media, we are now also asking for a public apology. Mongol Identity, a Scottish organization created to protect Mongolian identity, sent a public letter to Max Verstappen.

In this letter, the organization expresses its opinion that Verstappen’s statements are racist and awaits an official apology. The letter can be read in full below.

.

F1 report: Ferrari ready for the battle on engines – Motorsport.comIT

  1. F1 report: Ferrari ready for the battle on enginesMotorsport.comIT
  2. F1, Ferrari: Villeneuve explains what is happening to VettelVirgilio Sport
  3. Seidl: “Never underestimate Ferrari”FormulaPassion.it
  4. Rueda: “Confirm the voucher visa in Portimao in Imola”Motorsport IT
  5. “Vettel penalized by Ferrari”: the accusation of the former driverAutoMotoriNews
  6. View full coverage on Google News

.

Hamilton breaks Schumacher’s victory record (Martí Molina)

It was only a matter of time before Lewis Hamilton became the driver with the most victories in Formula 1. He finally got it yesterday in Portugal by adding his 92nd victory and surpassing the 91 victories of the legendary Michael Schumacher. Hamilton reigned in a Grand Prix that was chaotic at the start and in which even Carlos Sainz came to take the lead momentarily. In the end, the six-time champion imposed his law and won solo, ahead of Valtteri Bottas and Max Verstappen.

Hamilton’s victory has a triple sweet aftertaste. Apart from the record, he leaves him with 256 points at the top of the championship, 77 more than his teammate Bottas, so he could be mathematically proclaimed champion next weekend, at the Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix. Finally, the Mercedes double certified that the German team revalidated the constructors ’title, which it has won seven times in a row, from 2014 until now. “I want to dedicate this record to mechanics, to those who work here [al circuit] and to those who do it in the factory. The most incredible thing is that no one relaxes, that’s why these results are achieved “, said the English pilot.

It had not been run in Portugal for a quarter of a century. The last time was in 1996, in a race won by Jacques Villeneuve. In fact, the Grand Prix was not initially scheduled, but the modification of the calendar due to the pandemic opened the door to the Portuguese country to have a race in the queen category of motorsport again.

The test ended as usual, with Hamilton first – he has won in eight of the twelve this season. But it had a chaotic start, because the rain made an appearance just at the time of departure. A very fine rain that benefited the teams that had opted for a softer compound. Among them, Carlos Sainz, who came out seventh and before finishing the first lap had already been placed leader. The Madrid man came to dominate the race for four laps, the time that elapsed between it stopped raining and the riders who had intermediate tires were able to catch temperature. In the end, Sainz was sixth.

Hamilton didn’t start well and was overtaken by teammate Bottas. But the Englishman, as almost always, went from less to more and ended up crossing the finish line with a 25-second lead. Bottas settled for second place and Verstappen, despite a touch at the start of the race with Checo Pérez, came back and finished third.

.

Grand Prix of Portugal: read the race from minute to minute here

GPFans is a multilingual platform for everything around Formula 1. We keep you informed 24/7 of the latest news and try to amuse you with the most controversial excerpts from the sport.

We believe a new generation of exciting, outspoken drivers will make F1 more popular than ever. GPFans brings you closer to the drivers, both on and off the track. From Max Verstappen to Lewis Hamilton, Daniel Ricciardo to Sebastian Vettel. GPFans offers in-depth analysis of every Grand Prix, from Australia to Abu Dhabi.

With Formula 1, under the new ownership of Liberty Media, the evolution of the sport is in full swing. GPFans will be at the heart of this progression to new media as one of the fastest growing motorsport sites.

.

[VIDÉO] Annoyed by questions about his future, Raikkonen breaks during interview

Kimi Raikkonen loses patience when asked about her future during interview

Sky Italia has indicated that Mick Schumacher will join Haas F1 for the 2021 season alongside Nikita Mazepin. It has also been reported that if Mick Schumacher joins Haas, Antonio Giovinazzi will retain his seat at Alfa Romeo.

Kimi Raikkonen is expected to stay at Alfa Romeo for the 2021 season. But her post-qualifying comments in an interview suggest otherwise. He was asked if Alfa Romeo will have the same line-up of drivers next season: “Will you stay ?”

Iceman, in his characteristic expression, or lack of expression, replied: “I do not know”. Then he moved away from the interview area, unwilling to answer any questions on the subject.

During a post-qualifying interview, Kimi seemed visibly disappointed with the car’s performance in qualifying for the Portuguese Grand Prix. He stated : “I wasn’t expecting anything, but we obviously hope for a better result”.

The Finn admitted that the car’s performance was far from ideal. He stated : “I think the improvements have behaved well in some places. But with a little tail and side wind, we were in a lot of pain. We have wasted a lot of time. Especially the last corner ”, he added. Kimi Raikkonen added that it was disappointing but that is where the team is at the moment.

The Alfa Romeo duo of Kimi Raikkonen and Antonio Giovinazzi failed to get out of Q1. The duo will start the race on Sunday from the back of the grid, in P16 and P17 respectively.

.

BOLA – Spain decrees a state of emergency for six months (Spain)

The government led by Pedro Sanchez approved on Sunday morning the return of the state of emergency to Spain.

It is expected to last six months, until April, and a curfew will be in effect between 11 pm and 6 am.

The State of Emergency now enacted in Spain will be much more “mild” than that of March, and although the decree issued by the Council of Ministers is valid for the next 15 days, the need to extend it at the congress for a over a six-month period.

Other restrictions are foreseen, namely to limit social gatherings.

.

“We mustn’t lose Red Bull” / Formula 1 SPEEDWEEK.COM

Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner says: “Plan A for engines from 2022 is to continue with Honda. But the FIA ​​must act. ” Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff thinks that too.

Which engines will Red Bull Racing and AlphaTauri use from 2022? Honda has announced that it will leave the Formula 1 stage at the end of 2021. RBR team boss Christian Horner said in an interview with Martin Brundle from Sky during the Portugal GP: “There is actually only one solution that really works. And that’s the solution, after which we come to an agreement with Honda to take over the intellectual property of the engine. But that must also make sense from the perspective of the regulations. We would become an independent motor supplier. And in this role there can only be the way that the development of engines will be frozen from 2022. Because we simply couldn’t afford to take part in an arms race. “

«We have to see with the management of Honda how we would solve all this in detail. But absolutely elementary for this plan is the freezing of today’s engines – a new generation of engines will arrive by 2026 at the latest. The ball is with the FIA. It’s a wake-up call for Formula 1 when a company like Honda leaves the premier class. That would mean we would only have three engine manufacturers in Formula 1, which is precarious for sport. The regulating authority must now take the reins in hand. “

This is also the opinion of Toto Wolff, team principal of permanent world champion Mercedes-Benz. The Viennese said in the paddock of the Autódromo Internacional do Algarve: “Red Bull is a very important brand for Formula 1, and we mustn’t lose these two teams. We have to help them find a solution. Taking over the development of an engine is not realistic, it is far too expensive. For this reason I don’t think Christian Horner’s suggestion is bad, as it would preserve its factory status. We should do everything we can to give them this opportunity. “

About the engine builders other than Plan B, Christian Horner said: “Toto Wolff made Mercedes’ point of view crystal clear. (The Viennese says that resources have been exhausted with his own factory racing team and the customers McLaren, Williams and Aston Martin, MB). As for Ferrari, they have their own problems right now. And Renault actually doesn’t want to deliver to us. Your demands as a team have changed. It is inconvenient to supply a racing team like Red Bull Racing because we are simply not the classic customer team. “

On October 26th, representatives of the racing teams, the engine manufacturers, the international auto sport federation FIA and the Formula 1 want to meet to negotiate about the future of the engines as part of a meeting of the Formula 1 commission

Ferrari has so far indicated that they are not interested in freezing engine development. No wonder: the Italians currently have the weakest drive unit.

Formula 1 had taken precautions if one of the four engine manufacturers leaves the sport and their racing team partners are threatened with running out of engines. For this reason, the following is anchored in the regulations: The manufacturer with the fewest engines is obliged to deliver. That would be Renault: From 2021, the French will only work with their own works car.

Qualifying Portimão

1. Lewis Hamilton (GB), Mercedes, 1:16,652 min
2. Valtteri Bottas (FIN), Mercedes, +0.102 sec
3. Max Verstappen (NL), Red Bull Racing, +0,252
4. Charles Leclerc (MC), Ferrari, +0.438
5. Sergio Pérez (MEX), Racing Point, +0,571
6. Alex Albon (T), Red Bull Racing, +0,785
7. Carlos Sainz (E), McLaren, +0.868
8. Lando Norris (GB), McLaren, +0,873
9. Pierre Gasly (F), AlphaTauri, +1,151
10. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS), Renault no time
11. Esteban Ocon (F), Renault, +0,962
12. Lance Stroll (CDN), Racing Point, +0,974
13. Daniil Kvyat (RUS), AlphaTauri, +1,076
14. George Russell (GB), Williams, +1,136
15. Sebastian Vettel (D), Ferrari, +1,267
16. Kimi Räikkönen (FIN), Alfa Romeo, +1,549
17. Antonio Giovinazzi (I), Alfa Romeo, +1,671
18. Romain Grosjean (F), Haas, +1,712
19. Kevin Magnussen (DK), Haas, +1,856
20. Nicholas Latifi (CDN), Williams, +2,125

World Championship stand after 11 of 17 races

driver
1. Hamilton 230 points
2. Bottas 161
3. Verstappen 147
4. Ricciardo 78
5. Pérez 68
6. Norris 65
7. Albon 64
8. Leclerc 63
9. Stroll 57
10. Gasly 53
11. Sainz 51
12. Ocon 36
13. Vettel 17
14. Kvyat 14
15. Nico Hülkenberg (D) 10
16. Giovinazzi 3
17. Raikkonen 2
18. Grosjean 2
19. Magnussen 1
20. Latifi 0
21. Russell 0

Brands
1. Mercedes 391
2. Red Bull Racing 211
3. Racing Point 120
4. McLaren 116
5. Renault 114
6. Ferrari 80
7. AlphaTauri 67
8. Alfa Romeo 5
9. Haas 3
10. Williams 0

.

Father shot dead in Russia / Formula 1 SPEEDWEEK.COM

Former Formula 1 driver Vitaly Petrov left his post as FIA race commissioner in Portugal in a hurry: his father Alexander Petrov was shot in western Russia.

Former Grand Prix driver Vitaly Petrov (36) worked as FIA race steward for the first time as part of the Portuguese Grand Prix. On Saturday he made his post available and flew home – the Russian news agency TASS reported that his father Alexander Petrov (61) had been shot in his hometown of Vyborg in western Russia. It is said that it was murder. Petrov senior was a well-known and controversial person as a businessman and city councilor in Vyborg (near the Finnish border). The exact circumstances of the crime are unclear at this point.

Petrov formed the racing police quartet together with Tim Mayer (USA), Felix Holter (Germany) and Paulo Magalhães (Portugal). He has been replaced by the Portuguese Bruno Correia, racing driver and safety car driver in Formula E and in the World Touring Car Championship. Correia lives in nearby Portimão.

FIA racing director Michael Masi: “We express our condolences to Vitaly and his family. And we are grateful to Bruno that he can step in at such short notice. “

36-year-old Petrov from Vyborg was the first Russian to get a regular place in Formula 1: He drove a total of 57 world championship races in 2010 and 2011 for Renault and 2012 for Caterham – with a third place in Australia 2011 as a highlight.

Petrov played a crucial role in the 2010 Abu Dhabi World Cup final as it was he who offered fierce resistance to Fernando Alonso at the Yas Marina Circuit. The then Ferrari star from Spain lost valuable seconds, which was one of the reasons why he lost out to Sebastian Vettel in the end. In addition, at the Ferrari command post the mistake was made of aligning Alonso’s race with Mark Webber and not Vettel.

Qualifying Portimão

1. Lewis Hamilton (GB), Mercedes, 1:16,652 min
2. Valtteri Bottas (FIN), Mercedes, +0.102 sec
3. Max Verstappen (NL), Red Bull Racing, +0,252
4. Charles Leclerc (MC), Ferrari, +0.438
5. Sergio Pérez (MEX), Racing Point, +0,571
6. Alex Albon (T), Red Bull Racing, +0,785
7. Carlos Sainz (E), McLaren, +0.868
8. Lando Norris (GB), McLaren, +0,873
9. Pierre Gasly (F), AlphaTauri, +1,151
10. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS), Renault no time
11. Esteban Ocon (F), Renault, +0,962
12. Lance Stroll (CDN), Racing Point, +0,974
13. Daniil Kvyat (RUS), AlphaTauri, +1,076
14. George Russell (GB), Williams, +1,136
15. Sebastian Vettel (D), Ferrari, +1,267
16. Kimi Räikkönen (FIN), Alfa Romeo, +1,549
17. Antonio Giovinazzi (I), Alfa Romeo, +1,671
18. Romain Grosjean (F), Haas, +1,712
19. Kevin Magnussen (DK), Haas, +1,856
20. Nicholas Latifi (CDN), Williams, +2,125

World Championship stand after 11 of 17 races

driver
1. Hamilton 230 points
2. Bottas 161
3. Verstappen 147
4. Ricciardo 78
5. Pérez 68
6. Norris 65
7. Albon 64
8. Leclerc 63
9. Stroll 57
10. Gasly 53
11. Sainz 51
12. Ocon 36
13. Vettel 17
14. Kvyat 14
15. Nico Hülkenberg (D) 10
16. Giovinazzi 3
17. Raikkonen 2
18. Grosjean 2
19. Magnussen 1
20. Latifi 0
21. Russell 0

Brands
1. Mercedes 391
2. Red Bull Racing 211
3. Racing Point 120
4. McLaren 116
5. Renault 114
6. Ferrari 80
7. AlphaTauri 67
8. Alfa Romeo 5
9. Haas 3
10. Williams 0

.