Need savory snacks that are quick and easy to make? Get inspiration and make your next celebration a snack highlight.
Links marked with a symbol or colored underline are affiliate links. If a purchase is made, we will receive one Provision – at no extra cost to you! More info.
Quick and easy to make the perfect savory snacks
A celebration is coming up and as so often it has to happen quickly. You don’t want your guests to starve and you want to be a good host. Savory snacks are the answer. They are quick to make, offer your guests a wide range of choices and can be eaten both at the table and standing up.
- Tomato mozzarella is a classic that can easily be turned into a tasty snack. Buy mini mozzarella balls and cocktail tomatoes. Alternate sticking a mozzarella ball and a tomato on top of one cocktail stick. With a balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil and basil makes it particularly delicious.
- Vegetable sticks with dip are also very popular. Halve a cucumber lengthwise and scrape out the soft part. Fill the square with cream cheese and garnish with chopped spring onions. Cut the cucumber into bite-sized pieces and serve on brightly colored cocktail sticks.
- Particularly delicious in a new guise: melon and ham. Cut a honeydew melon into bite-sized cubes and wrap in low-fat Parma ham. With a toothpick fix the wrapped ham to the melon.
- A snack that looks more elaborate than it is: feta cheese in puff pastry. Buy frozen puff pastry and feta cheese. Cut the cheese into long strips and wrap them in puff pastry. Follow the directions on the puff pastry wrapper and pop the snack in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- This snack looks great: salmon rolls. Buy it Tortilla Wraps, smoked salmon slices, dill and cream cheese with horseradish. Spread the tortillas with cream cheese, season with dill and place salmon slices on top. Gently roll up the tortillas and secure the roll with toothpicks. Then cut between the toothpicks to make rolls.
You might also be interested in