Mass recall of ready-made pizza dough: Several supermarkets such as Lidl, Aldi, Edeka and Co. are recalling the very popular product. Consumption can lead to internal injuries.
- A manufacturer from Austria is recalling a popular product that has been sold in several supermarkets.
- The portal “lebensmittelwarnung.de” of the Federal Office of Consumer Protection announced that the recall * affects Aldi, Rewe, Lidl, Edeka, Netto and Penny.
- It is a pizza dough, in the tomato sauce there can be metal parts that can lead to internal injuries.
Hamm / NRW – Customers who recently Ready-made pizza dough bought must be very careful now. Most of them Supermarkets – Lidl, Aldi, Rewe, Edeka, Netto and Penny – a popular call in Germany product back. Branches in almost all federal states are affected by the recall. The manufacturer warns that metal parts may have gotten into the product.
|sales||81.2 billion euros (as of 2018, Wikipedia)|
Lidl, Aldi, Netto, Edeka, Penny and Rewe: Recall of fresh pizza dough – metal parts in tomato sauce possible
The portal “lebensmittelwarnung.de” of the Federal Office for Consumer protection and Food Safety has released a recall that numerous Supermarkets in Germany. The affected product is a fresh one Pizza dough for baking. The Manufacturer , the enterprise Wewalka GmbH from Sollenau in Austria, and Aunt Fanny Frischeteig GmbH, produce the dough for Lidl, Netto, Aldi, Edeka, Penny and Rewe. Wa.de reports on the dangers lurking in private labels. *
In a press release from Discounters Lidl it said that in the Tomato sauce of the affected products Metal foreign bodies can be located. When it comes to consumption, customers have it risk of injury. The product should not be eaten under any circumstances, which is why the recall is urgently to be observed. who
Recall for pizza dough: product withdrawn from sale in the supermarket
In which Pizzateig are products of Aunt Fanny Frischeteig GmbH and by Wewalka GmbH. It is the “Ready-to-bake pizza dough with tomato sauce (600 grams)“. The supplier of the tomato sauce cannot rule out that parts of metal are in individual glasses. The goods are already out of the sale taken back, the recall concerns the already sold dough.
A new food warning has been released. You can find the warning at https://t.co/NwNWg0cP1v.
— LMWarnung (@LMWarnung) July 27, 2020
According to information from the Federal Office of Consumer Protection, the following products are affected by the recall: Brands. The batches with the particular Expiry date will be called back by the respective supermarkets. Articles with other best-before dates are not affected.
Netto, Edeka, Rewe and Penny: These products are affected by the recall
- Net: Backini Pizza-Kombi pizza dough and fruity tomato sauce (600 grams) with the bar code (GTIN): 9120003417078 and the best before date including August 21, 2020
- Net: Mondo Italiano pizza dough with tomato sauce (600 grams) with the barcode (GTIN) 4316268588713 and the best before date including August 23, 2020
- Edeka: GUT & GÜNSTIG Pizza Box (600 grams) with the barcode (GTIN) 4311596464869 and the best before date including August 23, 2020
- Penny: PENNY READY. Ready-to-bake pizza dough with fruity tomato sauce (600 grams) with the bar code (GTIN) 28292920 and the best before date of August 7th, 2020
- Rewe: YES! Ready-to-bake pizza dough with tomato sauce – for ready baking (600 grams) with the bar code (GTIN) 4388840220984 and the best before date including August 22, 2020
Customers who product bought are asked not to eat it. The product batches affected by the recall can be found in the Branches of supermarkets returned, the price will be refunded. The receipt or the empty packaging are also sufficient to reimburse the purchase price. Had previously Net recalled a popular product due to salmonella risk: Here a specific batch of Clarky’s almonds is affected.
The recall is also affected Aldi, Lidl and Rewe. Again, the pizza doughs are recalled due to the tomato sauce. These are the following Products with the respective Best before date:
Aldi Süd and Lidl: These products are affected by the manufacturer recall
- Aldi south: “Cucina pizza dough with tomato sauce”, best before dates from July 17 – August 16, 2020
- Lidl: “Chef select & you Pizza Kombi”, content 600 g, best before dates from July 22nd to August 22nd 2020 inclusive
Recall more and more often in Germany: These products can also be dangerous
At Aldi salami can also be dangerous: the product carries a risk of salmonella. It is not the only one recall At Aldi: If this product is mixed up, customers are in danger of suffocation – the manufacturer calls it all over Germany back. There may be broken glass in some packs of Uncle Ben’s rice *. The manufacturer has ordered a nationwide recall. At Aldi Nord, pickled cucumbers have been taken out of sale. Products already purchased should be returned urgently. – * wa.de is part of the Ippen-Digital network
Rubriklistenbild: © picture alliance / Angelika Warm