Yuri Mora, spokesperson for the Public Ministry (MP), said they do not rule out filing further accusations in the case of Italian Giorgio Scanu, who was lynched by a mob in St. Anne of Yusguare, Choluteca, shingles over from Honduras.
For this death, there are seven detained individuals who must answer to the authorities for the crimes of murder and attempted arson.
“As MP we are not ruling out being able to proceed against cops, because there is negligence in terms of going to help this citizen when the mob of people was there, “Mora told TN5.
Also read: Up to 36 years in prison would face alleged murderers of Giorgio Scanu
In the video that circulated on social networks, it is observed that the agents did not intervene when the large group of residents arrived at Scanu’s home.
The initial hearing against the captured will be this Thursday, as the authorities announced after their arrest.
According to the police report, this Thursday – July 8-, a mob of approximately 600 people armed, they broke into the home of Mr. Giorgio Scanu, with the apparent intention of taking his life, in the attack they set fire to his home and vehicle.
A patrol went to the place to mediate and explain the legal procedure to the citizens, who “did not comply with the call to order and incurred in several illegal catches that triggered the death of Scanu“the statement added.
So far seven people have been captured for the violent act that shocked Honduran society.