From Thursday, August 11, trains on the Blue line will be operated in sections due to “remodeling works on the Blue line railway (S. Sebastião section)”.
The intervention leads to the closure of Parque, S. Sebastião (Blue line), Praça de Espanha and Jardim Zoológico stations and the circulation of trains on the Blue line will be carried out by sections:
– Reboleira «-» Laranjeiras;
– Marquês de Pombal (Blue line) «-» Santa Apolónia.
The Laranjeiras and Marquês de Pombal stations (Blue line) remain open from 6:30 am to 1:00 am, but with some changes.
– Departure pier towards Reboleira – in operation;
– Departure pier towards Santa Apolónia – terminal pier.
S. Sebastião (Blue line)
The S. Sebastião station will maintain the normal operation and circulation service of trains on the Red line
– North Atrium remains open – access to the Red line, the exterior elevator and the Commercial Center (El Corte Inglês)
– South Atrium closed, access to C. Comercial (English Court) closed.
Marquês de Pombal (Blue line)
– South Atrio (Av. Liberdade/R. Alexandre Herculano) – closed;
– Departure pier towards Reboleira – closed;
– Departure pier towards Santa Apolónia – in operation for departures and arrivals.
The works will take place between August 11 and 15 and according to Metropolitano de Lisboa “Train circulation on August 10th (Wednesday) will be carried out normally until the network closes (01:00), resuming normal service on the entire Blue line on August 16th (Tuesday)”.
During the 5 days of the work, the company advises “as a mobility alternative”, the following Carris careers: 746 | M. Pombal – Est. Damaia and 726 | Sapadores – Pontinha (Center).