The BBC broadcast the first part of the documentary “The Princes and the Press” on Monday – against the wishes of the royal family. The palace was not allowed to preview the material and was so angry that it threatened a boycott. Accordingly, Queen Elizabeth II (95), Prince Charles (73) and Prince William (39) would refuse to work on future BBC projects.
The documentary addresses how the relationship between Prince William and Prince Harry (37) and the British press has changed over the years. According to the Daily Mail, the two princes are said to have instructed their employees to spread slander against each other in the media.
Omid Scobie (40), Royal expert and co-author of the Harry Meghan biography “Finding Freedom”, confirms this and says in the documentary that all negative headlines about Prince Harry and his wife Meghan (40) are targeted by his family had been scattered.
Courtiers passed the information directly to the press. Allegedly there should have been a deal that in return one reports positive about Prince William and Duchess Kate (39).
Scobie in the documentary: “There have been rumors for a long time that many of the most harmful and negative stories come from other royal households or other royal helpers. My own research confirms that. “
Journalists confirm suspicions
If that’s true, it would at least explain why the Ice Age between Harry and William won’t end. The relationship between the two has been strained for years.
Some royal journalists also have their say in the documentary – including star reporter Dan Wotton (38). They confirm the suspicion. Various circles in the palace are involved. It is an open secret in England that Team William contributed to the bad image of Harry and Meghan. (fmü)
Badly portrayed family: Are the royals suing Netflix for “The Crown”?(01:39)