A baby just over two months old was killed by a song of monkeys, who, after having kidnapped him, threw him into a well making him drown. The drama happened in Gadhi Kalanjar, a village in Uttar Pradesh, just 34 km south of Delhi. Keshav, the baby’s father, said Prince was caught in the house by monkeys in the night. The child slept with his grandmother in a room near the terrace and from there the primates entered.
Having discovered the empty cradle, the parents and grandparents began the research; but only after a few hours they found the body floating in the well, not far from the house.
Prince and Komal, the child’s parents, said, still in shock, that the monkeys had already tried to kidnap their newborn in the previous days. But the attack had occurred during the day and some relatives had foiled it. The couple did not think they would return, especially at night.
“After viewing the images from the security cameras, we discovered the herd of monkeys that broke into the house and, when it left, one of them took the baby away,” explains a local police officer.
Monkeys, which normally move in groups, are a serious problem throughout India, in cities as well as in rural areas; attacks on people, thefts, or the devastation of crops in the countryside are frequent. The authorities have been trying for some time to launch sterilization campaigns to reduce the number and danger, but without great results.
Dr. Jessica Mayhew, associate professor and director of the Primate Behaviour and Ecology Program at Central Washington University, he told Newsweek that although this is not the first time such an incident has been reported, he believes the behavior to be “uncommon”: “I have a lot of questions left in my head: What species was this? How many were the specimens? What were the previous interactions between the monkeys and family like? The context is crucial – added Mayhew -. Remember that human-wildlife interactions can lead to an unfortunate conflict. It is the risk of coexistence. Human beings do not live apart from nature regardless of the barriers or policies we may build to distance ourselves. This is particularly critical to keep in mind as we move forward as we face global climate change. “
Last December a gang of monkeys “took revenge” for an attack suffered by a pack of dogs in a village in Maharashtra: the inhabitants say that the “war” ended with the victory of the monkeys, who kidnapped dozens of puppies, and they they abandoned on the roofs of the houses and on the branches of the tallest trees, where they left them to die.
Follow LaZampa.it on Facebook (click here), Twitter (click here) and Instagram (click here)
Don’t miss the best news and stories from LaZampa, subscribe to the free weekly newsletter (click here)
– So a dog is abandoned by a woman and a child on Christmas Eve
– The incredible friendship that binds a zebra with an abandoned baby rhino with the umbilical cord still attached
– Horror in India: a herd of monkeys kidnaps a two-month-old baby and drowns him in a well
– Homeless man celebrates his dog’s birthday with cake and candles, the video changes his life
– A cat runs into a garden to look for a snack, and instead finds its new family
– The story of the hedgehog with the “Balloon Syndrome”: he cannot expel the gas and swells enormously
– Spain: in search of food, a hungry badger discovers a treasure of Roman coins
– A man beats his puppy dog and a group of tourists raise $ 4,000 to buy and save him
– The little girl bursts into tears after her mother surprises her by adopting the dog she saw online
– A group of volunteers rescues a lost dog and took refuge in a cathedral
– An Uber driver stops to move a dog’s body off the road, but discovers it’s still alive
– A cat who has spent her entire life on the street has found a home for her and her kittens
– Cats abandoned by their mother hide in the brambles to survive
– They abandon a dog locked in a suitcase thrown in a waste bin, saved by passers-by
– Scandal at MasterChef Ecuador: protected wild animals cooked. And Colombia is also angry
– They donate an armchair to the thrift store, but only later discover that their cat Montequlla was inside
– Shelby’s miracle, a tiny cat found on a conveyor belt at a waste recycling plant
– The story of Cassie, the dog kidnapped eight years ago from the backyard finds its owner
– Policeman risks his life to save a dog who has fallen into the frozen lake
– Kefir, the cat of enormous beauty
– “There is a black cat in the closet staring at me”, the surprise for the new owners of a house
– Hiker falls into a crevasse, the dog saves him by heating him for 13 hours
– Litter of unwanted dogs locked up in a duffel bag to be abandoned in a supermarket
– The story of Tinsley, the dog who led rescuers to his owner who was injured in a car accident
– Tiziano Ferro mourns the death of his dog Jake: “You came from years of mistreatment, thank you for this year of love”
– Custody of the dog and cat, Spain considers the welfare of pets in the battle for divorce
– In Arezzo the dog Otto runs away for fear of New Year’s barrels and arrives in A1, the police save him thanks to a brioche
– India, a 16-year-old collects 50,000 signatures to save for Shankar, Delhi’s last zoo elephant. The petition comes to the High Court