when you find an interesting website on the internet you can save it in your browser thanks to the bookmarks or favorites. But what you are doing is saving only the link to the web page. what if it changes or disappears de la red?
A more practical way to save a web page is converting it to PDF format. It is easy and comfortable to handle, keeps the textthe images and the links of the page and thus you make sure of save that content forever even if I stop being online.
To save a web page in PDF from the mobile you do not need external applications. Your own headend web browser serves you. Either Google Chrome o Mozilla Firefox. To give two examples. Once in these browsers, you will only have to find the option print web page for get a PDF of that page and thus save or share it even if the page changes, falls or is no longer available.
How to download a web page in PDF from Chrome for Android
We will start with Google Chrome since it is the default browser android. Downloading a web page in PDF from this browser is very simple. Actually, what we are going to do is print web page. But instead of using paper and a printer, we’ll choose the option to save as PDF. This format is very practical for saving content with images, texts and linksshare and view it on any device.
Save a web page to PDF with Chrome
- open Chrome and then enter the web page you want to save.
- Click on the drop-down menu in the upper right corner (three vertical dots).
- Select the option Share…
- Slide your finger through the options until you find Print.
- Click on the dropdown to choose a printer and check the option Save as PDF.
- Check in the preview how the PDF will look.
- Optionally you can choose the size of each page of the PDF.
- To finish, click Save to PDF and choose where to save the PDF web page.
One detail to take into account is that as it is print web page but in PDF instead of paper, when you look at the preview to check that everything will look good, you can unmark the pages in which content appears that you are not interested in.
How to save an entire website as a PDF in Firefox for Android
Firefox for Android recently added the ability to download and save a web page in PDF. Y without you having to print that web page as we have seen before with Google Chrome. But first you will have to make sure that you have the latest version Firefox to see this option activated.
Save an entire website as a PDF in Firefox
- open Firefox and enter the web page that you are going to save.
- Click on the dropdown menu in the lower right corner (three vertical dots).
- Select the share icon. It is at the bottom of everything (three connected circles).
- Although you will see many options for sharing, we are interested in the button Save as PDF.
- Confirm the decision by clicking on the button Descargar.
- When the download is complete, you will see a button Open to view the PDF of the web page.
With this Firefox for Android feature you can download or save a complete website as PDF. You don’t have to touch or configure anything. And once you get the PDF, you can open it wherever you want, edit it, add or remove pages, etc. Just by touching a couple of buttons.