Before you start exercising, you should ask yourself what your goal is. If it is losing weight, strengthening or if you want to maintain your physical shape. If you are looking to lose weight, Sara Álvarez, founder and creator of the Reto48 methodology for Urban Sports Club, recommends combining exercises. But the ‘cardio’ or what is the same, aerobic exercises should be the ones that you practice the most. Although you should not forget about strength or resistance. With them, “you will obtain a higher percentage of muscle mass which will make you burn more calories since muscle is the best calorie burner we have,” says the expert. Now, how long do I have to train to get to vacation with a couple or three kilos less?
– The time you need to pedal to lose weight if you like cycling
Respecting break times is key
You may think that you have to exercise every day to lose weight faster and faster for the summer. However, the ideal is to train between 5 and 6 days a week. Sara Álvarez highlights that she clarifies that doing sports every day of the week “is a mistake, since our body needs between 1 or 2 days of recovery”. Of course, continues the expert, “to get results you have to exercise at least 3 days.” And what exercises do I have to do?
Sara Álvarez points out that these will be the exercises that we will practice the most. Each one of them should last 1 minute and after each one we will have a short break of 10 seconds. Repetitions are basic. Therefore, he recommends repeating the routine 5 times respecting the order indicated.
- Jumping Jack (jumping jacks)
- Squat jump (jump squat)
- High knee (knees to chest)
- Skipping (race on site)
– How much do you have to run to lose weight with this exercise
The diet to lose weight is also important
Exercising is not enough. You also have to watch what you eat. Therefore, nutritionist dietitian Sara Martínez gives you these tips:
- Prioritize vegetables and greens in the main dishes (lunch and dinner).
- Opt for the whole grain versions of cereals (bread, pasta, rice …).
- Eat tubers and legumes for their high fiber content (high satiating effect).
- Look for vitamins and minerals and quality proteins also present in legumes, eggs, lean meats (chicken, turkey, rabbit …).
- The consumption of white fish, blue fish and shellfish is highly recommended.
- Make fruit an ally for snacks (mid-morning or afternoon snack) or as a dessert for your lunch and dinner.
The expert also reminds us that these recommendations are very general and that there are cases that will need individualized and professional advice.
– Lose weight: How much can we lose weight in a month?
What do I combine cardio with to tone and increase muscle mass?
With strength exercises. For example, you can do easy routines for beginners that consist of exercising with your own weight. For example, start with 15 reps of squats, 15 reps of lunges, 15 push-ups, 15 sit-ups, and 10 burpees. This will be done in 3 sets with a 1 minute rest between each round.
How long do you have to train? In this case the recommendation of Carlos Carrillo Dueñas, head coach at Gea Crossfit for Urban Sports Club, is to leave a day off between training. That is, 3 days of activity and 4 of rest.