The photovoltaic system consists of generating clean energy through sunlight, with which users can reduce the costs of their electricity bill. The costs of this system vary depending on the panels that are installed in a home, which in turn depends on the energy consumption of each family.
Mexico City, October 11 (However) .- In recent years the solar panels for house rooms have become popular in Mexico, thanks to their Benefits for him environment for consumers, who can save on their spending. The Electrical Reform maintains its use.
According to the company Energing, which is responsible for the installation of solar panels on roofs, floors and parking lots, with this photovoltaic system, which consists of generating clean energy through sunlight, users can reduce their electricity bill costs by up to 98 percent.
In addition, according to said company on its website, in Mexico regulations were established that allow citizens to install solar panels, thereby reducing the fossil energy consumption, which also translates into benefits for the environment.
For a person to decide to install solar panels in your home, it is important that you know what is the rate that you pay bimonthly to the Federal Energy Commission (CFE), and if it is classified as a high consumption rate (DAC).
According to Enersing information, in “the sector of solar panels for home, there are two types of rates, rate 1 and DAC rate”, which were established for the exclusive consumption of domestic solar energy services, and are individual, either for a house or apartment.
Lat rate 1 and the DAC rate They differ in cost, since the first is subsidized by the Government and the second is not. In this sense, users who pay more than 2,500 bimonthly pesos for electricity consumption are candidates to install solar panels.
The company estimated that approximately “the average price per solar panel for a house is 14,500 pesos, which will also depend “on the brand of the solar module and the power”. He also clarified that this cost already includes the installation and supply of the system, as well as the management with CFE.
The price per kit can range from packages that contain between four and 12 solar panels on average. For example, a kit with four 500 W solar panels, in 2019, cost 58 thousand pesos plus VAT, while the kit of 12 500 W solar panels had a price of 174 thousand pesos plus VAT.
For its part, the company Your Solar Panel, which provides service only in Guadalajara, Jalisco, has packages from two solar panels, for a consumption of around 270 kW for 22 thousand pesos; the cost for four solar panels, with a consumption of 540 kW, is 41,500 pesos; and the price for eight solar panels, for a consumption of 1080 kW, is 78 thousand pesos.
Meanwhile, when monitoring the current prices of solar panelsHowever, he found that in stores like Home Depot, a solar panel has a cost of between 8,700 and 10,000 pesos, depending on the model that the consumer chooses.
It should be noted that the Guadalajara company stressed that the average energy production will depend largely on the area where the house that will install the system is located, as well as the intensity of the sun’s rays during each season of the year.
Over the interconnection procedures for solar panels, the Commission created the CFE Solar, which also offers photovoltaic equipment, responsible for carrying out the management to install this clean and sustainable energy system, so the agency undertook the task of establishing the requirements for this process.
Interested parties must comply with such requirements, as well as the following documents, which the CFE will receive within a maximum period of 14 business days:
– Interconnection Request that must be downloaded from the following link: https://www.cfe.mx/hogar/nuevocontrato/pages/contratacion_interconexion_hogar.aspx
– INE credential of the service holder
– Electricity receipt from the CFE, which should not have debts
– The Single Line diagram of the Photovoltaic System that was installed
– The Technical sheets of Solar Panels and Solar Inverter (or
Microinverters where applicable)
– The UL 1741 Inverter or Microinverter certificate
– A sketch with the location of the address
– Photographs of the solar panel system that is already properly installed
The CFE, Through its website, it detailed that it has tthree models of consideration contracts of the energy delivered to the General Distribution networks:
1. Net Energy Measurement (Net Metering), in which the “customer consumes and generates energy in the same supply contract. This energy is subtracted from your consumption ”.
2. Net Billing, in which the “consumed energy that CFE delivers to the customer is independent of the energy that the customer generates and sells to CFE; that is, it is not subtracted from your consumption ”.
3. Total Energy Sale, a contract with which “the client sells all the energy generated to CFE. There is no customer supply contract with C FE ”.
The process for the CFE interconnection procedure for solar panels is as follows:
– The interested party must submit all the documents to the CFE branch corresponding to their domicile.
– After entering this documentation, the CFE will generate a follow-up folio, with which the user’s request will be processed, and with which the status of the procedure can also be verified.
– The CFE will make a visit to the applicant’s home to verify that the photovoltaic system is already installed, according to the current standard, and that the meter meets the required specifications.
– If the CFE approves the inspection, the user must go to the branch determined by the Commission to sign the interconnection contract, as well as the consideration contract.
– After signing the contracts, CFE staff will visit the user’s home again to change the meter for a Bidirectional one, which records the energy that is returned to the grid.
Nora Nancy Gaspar Resendiz