It does not work out for the Boston Celtics, who had a bad night last night at TD Garden against the Clippers. They bow, having conceded yet only 91 points, but only score 82. They watered as rarely, missing an incalculable number of 3-point shots with a 4/42 and a lot of open shots.
“I guess awkwardness can be contagious,” says Jaylen Brown. “We missed a lot of shots and I thought we had a lot of open positions. We got the ball rolling. I know they were playing in the zone, but we had a lot of great shots I think. Open positions. And they did not return. “
Here are some stats on the performance of the day of the Greens:
- 4/42 therefore at 3-points, second worst address in history for a team that attempted at least 40 3-point shots after the Rockets’ 4/45 last season
- 1/18 at 3-pts in the last quarter, including the last 15 failed attempts. These 17 3-pts missed in a quarter time, it is an NBA record.
- 82 points on 101 shots attempted is the lowest total in the NBA for a team that has attempted at least 100 shots since the 3-point line arrived in 1979-80.
- 4/39 on 3-point catch & shoot, the worst skill in these situations (at least 35 shots attempted) since Second Spectrum recorded this data.
- 36 shots attempted without the slightest assist for Jaylen Brown, this had not been seen since Antoine Walker in 1998.
The Celtics had good positions, but were unable to get them.
“I find that we have had a lot of open positions, despite what the statistics will say,” Jaylen Brown said. “I don’t think we are forcing shots. I find that we have had a lot of open positions that have not returned. It’s a shame because we wanted to bounce back from the last game. A lot of guys were up for a fight, but we failed. We fucking failed! “
Boston also dominated the rebound by taking 21 offensive rebounds to take 20 more shots. What’s more, the Greens lost only 8 balls against 16 to the Clippers. It was not enough.
“We took 20 more shots and held them to 91 points… It’s a game we should win. ” Ime Udoka
Since the start of the season, the Celtics have been one of the worst teams in the league in terms of skill at 44%, which ranks them 23rd in the league.
“I think the shoot is something we need to improve on. ” Grant Williams