«Zack Snyder’s Justice League»
Zack Snyder showed a new scene from «his» version of «Justice League». In it Superman wears the black suit that was cut from the theatrical version.
- In the Justice League snyder cut intended for 2021, Superman will wear a black suit – as originally intended by the director.
- “Zack Snyder’s Justice League” will probably be around four hours long and could therefore be released in several parts.
- The first teaser trailer for the film will be shown in August as part of the online event DC Fandome.
This weekend, the online Justice Con event, the only topic of which is «Zack Snyder’s Justice League» (and a bit of charity) is on the rise. As part of the virtual fair, which takes place parallel to the online edition of this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, various panels will be held, just like this one.
In the night of Sunday (Swiss time) there was one with filmmaker Zack Snyder (54), who sometime between the beginning and middle of 2021 had his original vision of the DC superhero summit meeting “Justice League” – which he could not implement because he after the suicide of his daughter withdrew from the project – will publish on the streaming service HBO Max. (Read everything you need to know about this Snyder cut here.)
The scene with the black suit is already known
As part of his panel, the US director presented almost 20 seconds from “Zack Snyder’s Justice League”, in which Superman (Henry Cavill) is in a black suit for the first time ever (in moving image) after being brought back by the dead. The idea of the black suit already existed in the theatrical version of “Justice League”, but did not make it into the finished version.
Striking: the scene (at the top of the video!) is actually already known – not from the cinema, but as a deleted scene on the Blu-ray. In it Superman wore his classic blue and red suit. Fans are now debating on social media whether Snyder shot the scene with the original suit and later wanted to digitally color it (if Warner Bros. had given its consent) or if it went the other way round and Snyder is now allowed to show it without color correction. An official statement on this question is still pending.
The first real teaser trailer for the Snyder cut of “Justice League” will be during the online event DC Fandome shown on August 22nd.
But here’s some more information Snyder dropped during Justice Con:
- The fandome event will reveal the form in which “Zack Snyder’s Justice League” appears. The work is namely «For at least 214 minutes» and it there is the possibility to split it into different parts. Snyder himself is quite taken with the idea of a mini series, as he says.
- He uses for his version of “Justice League” exclusively material that he filmed himself at that time or that he has now produced in the current post-production. “I’d rather burn the whole film than using a single frame that I didn’t shoot myself.” That can be understood as a swipe at Avengers director Joss Whedon (56), who took over the project after Snyder’s exit.
- This too: Snyder says he has it Never watched the theatrical version of «Justice League».
- And here anyway: Whedon should be brought on board not his idea been a decision of the film studio.
- The film (or mini series) will come in its original IMAX aspect ratio, so the picture will be super wide.
- Junkie XL (52) delivers the soundtrack – as originally intended. When Whedon took over, he replaced the Dutchman, who was already scoring the predecessor “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”, with old master Danny Elfman (67).
If you subscribe to the People Push, you will no longer miss anything from the world of the rich, the beautiful and the people who are not entirely clear why they are actually famous.
That’s how it’s done: Install the latest version of the 20-minute app. Tap on “Cockpit” in the bottom right, then on the “Settings” gear and finally on “Push notifications”. In the “Themes” section, tap “People” – it’s already running.