Health situation update of April 29, 2022
Updated on 04/29/2022
Health indicators confirm the decrease in the circulation of SARS-CoV-2 in the region. The decline in the number of new hospitalizations continues, but with activity that is still significant.
In this context, it is recalled that the injection of the second booster dose, open to people aged 60 and over, makes it possible to strengthen protection against serious forms of the disease and prevent death.
Brittany records 26,243 new positive cases since April 22.
The incidence rate2 now stands at 819 cases per 100 000 habitants (-206,5 points1) at the regional level with a positivity rate3 of RT-PCR and antigen tests of 38,5 %.
Care of Covid-19 patients in hospital in Brittany :
- 566 hospitalizations for COVID reasons in progress (-481), of which
- 49 in intensive care unit (-1)
- 389 in conventional medicine (-161)
- since the start of the epidemic:
- 18 945 hospitalized patients returned home (+6771);
- 2 735 patients died (+441).
In Brittany, 82,787 (RT-PCR and antigens) were carried out between April 21 and 27.
Au 27/04, 7 914 292 injections were performed in Brittany.
The vaccination coverage (at least one dose) of the Breton population is 84,5 % all ages and 96,6 % for ages 12 and up.
Complete vaccination schedules
In Brittany, 86,5 % of the population eligible for the booster vaccine received their booster dose either,
2 366 782 injections.
At the departmental level, these data relating to the vaccination booster:
- In the Côtes d’Armor86.9% of the population eligible for the booster vaccine received their booster dose, i.e. 400,524 injections.
- In Finistère, 88.2% of the population eligible for the booster vaccine received their booster dose, i.e. 675,237 injections.
- In Ille-et-Vilaine, 85.6% of the population eligible for the booster vaccine received their booster dose, i.e. 764,599 injections.
- In Morbihan, 85.6% of the population eligible for the booster vaccine received their booster dose, i.e. 526,422 injections.
Covid cases in schools
In Brittany, no school is currently closed but 5 classes are.
Information Coronavirus COVID-19
Information and recommendations: www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus
Screening and vaccination locations: www.sante.fr
For all non-medical questions, freephone number 24/7: 0 800 130 000
1-Data compared to 04/22/2022
2-The incidence rate represents the number of new cases of COVID-19 diagnosed by a PCR or antigen test that have occurred during the last 7 days compared to the number of inhabitants of the department. The unit adopted is per 100,000 inhabitants.
3-The positivity rate represents the number of positive cases for Covid (PCR and antigen test) compared to the number of people tested, over 7 days.