Even the places with greater police security can turn out to be very unsafe, therefore, the most used route platform in the world, we talk about Google Maps, is developing a tool that will give all users the confidence to walk at night in any area, thanks to the option ‘illuminated street’, which will show you on the map the most lighted places near you point. Do you want to get the function? Now we will tell you.
SIGHT: The guide to downloading the beta version of Google Maps
If you find yourself walking in some unfamiliar place at night and are using Google Maps To locate yourself, be very careful with crime, as this implies taking out your cell phone and this is when criminals take advantage of the perfect moment to assault you, they usually do it when you travel through less lit areas. Thanks to the new ‘illuminated street’ function, which will show you a yellow line on the map, you will be able to know which places on your route have the most light.
SIGHT: How to get to a house without an address with a program developed by Google Maps
HOW TO USE THE LIGHTED STREET FUNCTION OF GOOGLE MAPS
It is important to clarify that the ‘illuminated street’ tool is only available in the beta version of Google Maps, also, for the moment it will be tested only in India, although it is not ruled out that it will soon reach all users of the world, reported the technology portal XDA Developers.
How to download the Google Maps beta
- First, from your Android device, click on the following link to open the Google Maps in the Google Play Store.
- In the ‘News’ section, tap on ‘Read more’.
- Now, click on the link that appears right next to the phrase ‘Become a beta tester’.
- A web page will automatically open in the browser. Here click on the button that says ‘Become a verifier’.
- Done, that would be it. Google Maps will welcome you to the testing program of its application, so you can test all the tools before they are officially launched.
Do you have problems with Google Maps? If the app crashes on your phone or tablet, or has another problem that affects your experience, follow this series of steps by clicking hereto access Google help support.