A few years ago, anyone looking to build up a digital game library on their PC really only had one solution: Steam. Even though Epic faces more and more competition, especially due to the large Fortnite player base, Valve’s service is still extremely relevant with more than 100 million monthly users.
But you didn’t necessarily notice it when you launched the accompanying app on your smartphone. Of course, the software isn’t as important there as it is on the PC, because the games can’t be launched on Android or iOS anyway.
However, the application is very important and too practical to take advantage of the regular offers. Now there is an update that finally brings the optics up to the level of this millennium. But new features have also been added!
After an extended beta phase, Valve is apparently rolling out the update for its Steam app to all users, making it easily available from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
PC downloads at the start of the smartphone
In addition to the modernized design, which is mainly intended to make the store more accessible, smartphones and computers are moving closer together. You can therefore use your mobile more conveniently to log in to the computer and even start downloading remotely.
- Two-factor authentication to ensure you’re the only one with access to your account
- QR Code Login – Scan a QR code to login to Steam instead of a password or…
- Login confirmation: Confirm your regular Steam logins with a simple “approve” or “decline”
- Authorized Devices: Manage access to the devices your account is signed in to.
- Easy access to the store, community, news, etc. no matter where you are
- Your library with access to your game content, discussions, guides, support and more
- Remote download of games and updates to your PC controlled from your phone
- Customizable Steam notifications: wishlist, sales, comments, trades, bookings, friend requests and more
- Trade and market confirmations – to ensure that items do not leave your account without your permission
- An improved store browsing experience for mobile screens
- Support for using multiple Steam accounts in the application
- Customizable tabs
Links with a * are affiliate links. If you buy a product from a partner, we receive a commission. The price for you remains unaffected.