Rubén Insúa knows that he will lose Agustín Giay, who traveled with the Sub 20 to the L’Alcúdia Tournament in Spain, and that he is waiting to see if he can count on Andrés Vombergar, the latest addition to the market. But on balance, ahead of the match with Argentinos Juniors (on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.), it can be said that Gallego will have a reinforced team. It’s something…
Because after what happened last weekend, when Nicholas Fernandez Mercau stood up to San Lorenzo’s decision not to sell him to Germany and said he did not want to train or be available against Talleres de Córdoba, the 22-year-old left-hander he backtracked and told the coach to take it into account again, thinking about what was to come.
The indication had been given during yesterday’s practice. Surprisingly, the left-back returned to training alongside the group at the Ciudad Deportiva (he hadn’t done so since last Friday) and played as a starter for the substitute team that played an informal friendly against Cañuelas. But the confirmation came this Wednesday afternoon, from the hand of DT himself.
“He came to talk to me after the game (with Talleres) and told me that from that moment on he was in the same conditions as before“Insúa assured in dialogue with Crack Deportivo. And not only that, but by being available again it is possible that he will regain his place in the starting 11. “If there is no problem, on Saturday he will play as a starter“He added, as if nothing had happened.
“I don’t get involved in negotiations with long-distance players. But if they are young people trained in the lower divisions, I try to have a participatory role in terms of advising them, taking care of them… It is to preserve the heritage of the club. It happened at the time with Martegani, now with Fernández Mercau and if there is another case in the future, I would do it too, ”closed the DT, reflecting on this issue.
What had happened with Fernández Mercau?
Hoffenheim made an offer of 3,200,000 dollars gross for his file, but in Boedo they considered that it was insufficient. However, the player and his representative wanted it to be accepted and then the conflict started. On Saturday he informed the DT that he wanted to leave and trained differently, and on Sunday he arrived at practice mid-morning accusing a breakdown.
In this context, Matías Caruzzo made clear the position of the club: Proposals by the player will be heard, although in the value that the youth and his representative, Ignacio Vilariño, intend to leave, the operation will not be done in any way. The story, for now, is on track for continuity. Although still missing: the European market only ends on September 1.