Fashion for women over 65 does not have to be old-fashioned, but should also stay away from forced youthful looks. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t try your hand at style, quite the opposite.
Links marked with a symbol or green underline are affiliate links. If a purchase is made, we will receive one Provision – at no extra cost to you! More info.
Fashion for women over 65: How to dress fashionably and stylishly
To appear stylish as a woman over 65, mix classic silhouettes with trendy accents. Basically, there is nothing that you are not allowed to wear as a 65-year-old. So try it out and experiment with modern and timeless cuts to express your personality through fashion.
- Choose timeless and classic pieces as the basis of your look. For example, combine jeans that suit your body type with an oversized sweater, an elegant turtleneck sweater or a blouse with a blazer. Other timeless basics are wide trousers such as palazzo trousers, Marlene trousers or culotte trousers.
- Chinos are not classic women’s trousers, but they give your outfit a subtle casualness and freshness without appearing forcedly juvenile. Wear a flowing one to match Blusenshirta cardigan or a blazer and optionally pumps, loafers or sneakers.
- You can also try your hand at dresses and skirts. Again, just make sure you don’t look like you’re dressing up as a 20-year-old. You are a mature, established woman and are allowed to present yourself as such.
- Accordingly, rely on classic cuts such as pencil or A-line skirts and take care of yourself with accessories such as handbags, hair accessories, belts and smartly tied scarves for fashionable accents. You don’t have to shy away from mini skirts either. Together with tights and boots, you look sexy and feminine with short skirts.
- Most fashion trends are aimed at a rather young target group. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t spice up your outfits with trendy accents. Check out the trends and try the ones that catch your eye. In this way, you stay up to date with the latest fashion trends and can always develop your style further.