For the unvaccinated, participation in public life in Kassel – as in all of Hesse – is becoming increasingly difficult. Here you will find an overview of all Corona rules.
Kassel – The new corona regulation of the state of Hesse will come into force this Thursday (November 25th, 2021). The widespread tightening also apply on the basis of the new Federal Infection Protection Act. “In order to contain the pandemic, it takes an act of strength for society as a whole,” said Prime Minister Volker Bouffier (CDU), justifying the massive tightening. These include in Kassel:
Corona in Kassel: This applies in connection with the mask requirement
- There is now a uniform mask requirement on the seats in schools, universities and other educational institutions.
- In the event of a positive rapid test in the class, the following also applies: There must be daily tests and a mask requirement in class – and that for two weeks.
- The mask requirement also applies to overnight stays, at events, in cinemas, theaters and in corresponding workplace situations.
- In the catering industry, the mask can still be removed from seats.
- Customers of body-friendly services (hairdresser, nail salon, …) must wear an FFP2 or comparable mask.
- When shopping for daily needs, there is no tightening, there is still a mask requirement.
Corona in Kassel: That applies to the tests
- All employees and visitors to hospitals, retirement and nursing homes, medical practices, rehabilitation clinics and integration assistance facilities must be vaccinated or have recovered – or provide evidence of a negative rapid test that is no more than 24 hours old. (This requirement does not apply to patients and residents of the facilities.)
- The facilities mentioned are obliged to offer a test on site – a monitored self-test is permitted. However, a test can also be taken at a recognized test center.
- In addition, vaccinated and recovered employees must be tested twice a week.
- All asymptomatic, vaccinated and recovered people who tested positive in Hesse will in future be able to test themselves free with a PCR test after five days of isolation.
Corona in Kassel: This applies at work, at universities and in schools
- Of the Access to the workplace Since Wednesday (November 24th, 2021) only employees with 3G status are allowed. The employer may view and process the vaccinated, recovered or tested status for control and documentation requirements, but not save it for a long time. The employer must also check the G status of his employees.
- Unvaccinated people who cannot work from home must provide their employer with a daily rapid test or a PCR test that is no more than 48 hours old. A self-test on site under the supervision of the employer is also possible.
- Employees must be able to work from home – unless this is not possible for operational reasons. Employees must accept the home office offer.
- The nationwide 3G rule also applies to the Hessian ones Colleges, academies and extracurricular educational institutions.
- In the schools there are face-to-face tuition for all classes. Evidence of negative results via a rapid test must be submitted three times a week by at least the end of January.
Corona in Kassel: This applies to public transport
- The 3G rule (vaccinated, recovered or tested) has been in effect for long-distance and local public transport in Kassel since November 24th.
- You are still required to wear a medical mask. Compliance is checked with random checks.
Corona in Kassel: 2G applies here
- A tightening of the rules for Events for over 25 people and the cultural scene. In closed rooms, 2G only applies with distance and mask. For large indoor events, a reservation of approval applies from 1000 participants. At folk festivals and other events with high fluctuation, there are random checks to ensure compliance with the applicable regulations.
- 2G applies indoors with a mask and distance from Leisure facilities, sports facilities, cultural sites, restaurants, casinos and amusement arcades
- at body-hugging servicesas long as these are not medically necessary or are part of basic care (such as hairdressers).
- 2G also applies in Hotels, boarding houses and other places to stay. However, there are exceptions for overnight stays due to work. Then 3G kicks in with daily tests.
- 2G is also used for the use of communal facilities, for example in Dining rooms and Swimming pools introduced.
Businesses can decide individually whether to introduce the 2G rule and then only let in vaccinated and convalescent people. If you are looking for 2G-plus decide, the distance rules and the mask requirement do not apply.
2G – vaccinated or recovered: Children and adolescents under the age of 18 and people who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons are excluded from the 2G rule.
Corona in Kassel: 2G-plus applies here
- 2G-plus Test gilt in Discotheque interiors and in Brothels. Entry is only possible for vaccinated or convalescent people plus a daily rapid test. The student test book is sufficient for young people. For the Discotheque exteriors 2G is decisive.
- 2G-plus is now also available as an option model for Gastronomy in closed rooms without a mask and distance. Entry is only possible for vaccinated or recovered people plus a daily quick test. Then there is no need for a spacing or mask. However, this model cannot be applied to primary care.
2G-plus – vaccinated or recovered and additional rapid test: Children under the age of 18 and people who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons are excluded.
Corona in Kassel: 3G applies here
- Outdoor events need a hygiene and distance concept from 25 people. From 1000 guests, 3G applies (access only for vaccinated, convalescent and tested people). For more than 5,000 guests, the event requires approval from the health department. In addition, 90 percent of the guests must be vaccinated or recovered (2G). Christmas markets and folk festivals are exempt from this rule.
- At the workplace (see above).
- In public transport (see above).
The regular documentation of the school tests in the test booklet counts as negative evidence in your free time. The test booklet is also valid in the event of absenteeism and holidays.
Corona in Kassel: This applies to meetings with friends and family
at private meetings there are no restrictions. It is recommended to adhere to the distance and hygiene rules. Basically, there is a test recommendation for private meetings also for vaccinated and convalescent people. The rules for events apply to more than 25 people.
Hessian corona concept comprises three warning levels
There are three warning levels in the Hessian corona concept. The decisive factor is no longer the seven-day incidence, but the number of Covid-19 patients in the hospitals in Hesse.
- the first stage applies from a hospitalization value over 3. This means that within seven days per 100,000 inhabitants three corona patients come to the hospital. 2G (vaccinated and recovered) is then planned across the board.
- the second step applies from a hospitalization value of 6. It provides for 2G-Plus – even vaccinated and convalescent people then need a negative test.
- the third step takes effect from a hospitalization value of 9. Contact restrictions are then possible.
The Ministry of Social Affairs publishes the current hospitalization value on its website.
What are the penalties for violating the guidelines? Depending on the severity of the violation, the standard rates are between 50 and 5000 euros. Here you can read which amount is threatened with which violation of the rules. The Coronavirus Protection Ordinance of the State of Hesse can be found here (valid from November 25, 2021).
Help with corona questions
Help with questions on the subject of “Coronavirus in Hessen” is available on 0800/5554666 (hotline of the Ministry of Social Affairs). The employees answer questions about health and quarantine on Mondays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Tuesdays to Sundays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For further questions and information about the corona virus, the hotline is available Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Fridays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
You can send your questions to [email protected] by email.
(Marie Klement, with dpa)