Candice Recap: Lunch Boxes
- Freeze the water bottles and/or cartons of the week during the weekend and place a copy in the box the day before. Store the box in the refrigerator overnight. Thawing will be slow, keeping contents fresh overnight.
- Gray or white bread should have the densest and tightest crumb possible.
- The best preserving protein is the egg. Cook hard-boiled eggs on the weekend, you’ll have enough for the whole week. Peel them the day before at the start of the picnic preparation so that the egg can dry on the surface, which will remove any smell in the box.
- Make healthy picnic muffins or oatmeal muffins and freeze them once baked and cooled. Place one still frozen in the box the night before. You will have vegetable proteins from legumes, vegetables, nutrients… In a dessert.
- Leave the fruit as whole as possible to retain its nutrients.
Healthy picnic muffins (legume, oatmeal, oilseed)
Pour 12 muffins
800g cannellini-type white beans (2 cans of 400g)
100g rolled oats
170g grated carrots
100g raisins or chocolate chips
80g pecan nuts, 12 reserved for decoration
4 large eggs
1 C. at s. cinnamon (optional)
2 tbsp. at s. sunflower oil or almond puree
4 tbsp. at s. maple syrup
2 tbsp. c. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. c. baking powder
Preheat the oven to 170° (th. 5-6).
Rinse and drain the white beans. Coarsely chop the pecans (except the nuts reserved for decoration).
Line two 6-cavity muffin pans with paper liners.
In a bowl, place the beans, flakes, eggs, oil/almond puree, maple syrup, cinnamon, carrots and vanilla extract. Blend finely using an immersion blender.
Add the raisins, crushed walnuts and baking powder. Mix with the spatula.
Pour the batter using a spoon or ice cream tongs into the cases, place a pecan nut on each muffin and bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool before eating.
The ultra-healthy oatmeal muffin
240ml milk (possibly vegetable) + 90g rolled oats + 1 egg + 60ml vegetable oil + 125g flour + 50g brown cane sugar + 1 tbsp. c. baking powder + 1 tbsp. c. cinnamon + ½ tsp. c. salt.
Preheat the oven to 210° (th. 7-8).
Grease and/or line two 6-cavity muffin pans with parchment.
Let the oat flakes swell in the milk for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, beat the egg and vegetable oil with an electric mixer.
Sift the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add to the egg/oil mixture and whisk.
Stir in oats and milk. Whisk.
Place the dough in the molds and bake for 20 minutes. approximately.
To-go breakfast bars
For 16 bars
Preparation: 10 mins.
Cooking: 1 hour.
1 can sweetened condensed milk (397g)
250g Rice Crispies or rolled oats
50g coconut powder
100g dried cranberries
150g mixed seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower)
100g of pistachios
50g flax seeds
Preheat the oven to 130° (th. 4-5).
Oil and line a rectangular mold (about 30x20cm) with parchment paper.
In a saucepan, heat the sweetened condensed milk.
Off the heat, add all the ingredients and mix with a spatula.
Pour the batter into the pan and press the surface to flatten and pack it down.
Bake for 1 hour.
Let cool and cut into 16 bars.
Store bars between two sheets of parchment paper in an airtight container for up to 1 week
Two-Ingredient Banana Muesli Cookies
For 12 cookies
1 large ripe banana
120g the muesli
Preheat the oven to 180° (th. 6).
Mix 80g of muesli.
Purée the banana with a fork. Thoroughly mix the two ingredients.
Add the remaining unmixed muesli. Mix.
Drop heaps of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Do not space them out, they do not swell during cooking.
Bake 13 to 15 min.
Toppings for all tastes
Philadelphia + Prosciutto + sliced black olives.
Philadelphia + chopped mint.
Sliced ham + grated mozzarella + sweet and sour pickles.
Gouda + sweet mustard + cucumber.
Tomato pesto + roast pork + spinach leaves.
Bacon + boiled eggs + chives.
Canned salmon + mascarpone + chopped celery.
Ground chicken + grated apple + celery + mayonnaise.
Turkey fillet + chopped walnuts + sliced green olives.
Philadelphia + grated carrots.
Peanut butter + grated apple.
Sliced ham + drained pineapple pieces + Saint-Môret.
Ham and zucchini waffles
200g ham, diced
2 medium zucchini
2 eggs, whites and yolks separated
60g of butter
200ml of milk
1 packet of baking powder
50g grated cheese
Salt, pepper, nutmeg
Grate zucchini and press in paper towel to remove excess moisture.
In a mixing bowl, mix the flour and baking powder. Add the melted butter, half the milk and the egg yolks.
Add the rest of the milk, season and mix.
Beat the egg whites and add them delicately to the preparation.
Add the gruyère, ham and grated zucchini.
The dough should not rest.
Bake in a waffle iron.
Almond puree bread
A cake-bread with a sweet taste, ultra easy and with only 4 ingredients!
250g of white almond puree (with the oil on top)
1 C. c. baking soda (pastry section of supermarkets)
1 pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 170° (if your oven is powerful, put 160).
Line a rectangular cake tin with parchment paper.
Using an electric mixer, beat the almond puree with the eggs for 3 minutes. Add salt and baking soda. Whisk to homogenize.
Transfer the dough to the mold and bake for 30 minutes. (10-12 min. if making individual buns in a muffin tin).
Leave to cool before unmolding.
Homemade coconut-almond puree
- 200g grated coconut
- 150g dry-roasted almonds
- 2 tbsp. c. pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. c. salt
Mix the grated coconut for 10 min. until you get a paste. Scrape the sides of the bowl regularly.
Add the almonds and continue to mix until smooth and silky.
Add the maple syrup and salt and mix again.
Corn Chicken Meatballs
Preparation: 20 mins. – Cooking: 5 mins.
500g chicken fillet
1 ear of corn or 100 g canned corn
80g grated cheddar cheese
1 beaten egg
Olive or peanut oil
Cook the corn on the cob for 10 minutes. in salted boiling water then shell it. Book.
Bake the chicken fillets in the oven for 30 minutes. at 190°, then chop them in the bowl of the mixer. Book.
In a bowl, combine the chicken, corn kernels, cheddar and beaten egg. Season generously with pepper then form small meatballs the size of a walnut.
Pour a little oil into a large frying pan and cook the meatballs for 5 minutes. stirring constantly. They can be frozen cooked and cooled if desired.
Cake-cake with water without butter, without eggs and without milk for the intolerant and all other gourmands
This ultra-moist cake whose soft and enveloping texture will be unanimous. As it does not contain butter or eggs, it is quite neutral in taste and requires the addition of extract (vanilla, lemon, orange, red fruits, chocolate, white chocolate, cinnamon, etc.).
330ml water at room temperature
150g of sugar
50g vanilla sugar
90ml sunflower oil
1 C. c. vanilla extract
1 C. at s. generous extract of your choice in addition
300g of flour (rice flour and green banana flour if gluten intolerant)
1 sachet of baking powder – (gluten-free yeast if intolerant)
Preheat the oven to 180°.
Using an electric mixer, beat the water with the sugars.
Add the oil and extracts, whisking constantly.
Add the sifted flour and baking powder. Do it in 3 times so as not to overload the mass and obtain a very smooth and fluid dough.
Pour into a silicone cake mold and bake for 45 minutes.
Sweetened condensed milk cake
It does not swell so its very smooth line makes it the perfect cake for school or office snacks. It keeps very well in a cake box.
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (about 400g)
- 4 eggs
- 150g flour
- 50g melted butter
- 1 packet of baking powder
Preheat the oven to 160°.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the sweetened condensed milk for a good 5 minutes.
Add the butter, whisk.
Incorporate the flour and baking powder, and whisk without insisting until the mixture is homogeneous.
Bake 50 mins.
The easy-to-carry savory cake
- 250g of flour
- 200ml whole milk
- 50g soft butter
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 150g de parmesan
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- + topping of your choice
Preheat your oven to 180°.
In a cul-de-poule, mix the dry: flour + yeast + parmesan.
In a second bowl, whip the butter with the milk.
Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking constantly. Season.
Mix the two preparations.
Integrate the filling of your choice and pour into a buttered and floured mold or lined with parchment paper.
Bake 45 mins.
Toppings of your choice
- Diced chicken, cumin, curry, diced cooked or raw zucchini, cooked onions.
- Gorgonzola, raw button mushrooms, raw diced aubergine, oregano, crushed hazelnuts.
- Broccoli, raw ham, Stilton type blue cheese.
- Cooked salad, parmesan, raw ham or cooked pancetta.
- Cooked diced green pepper, corn, raw red onion in very thin strips, cheddar, tabasco.
- Fresh mint, fresh flat-leaf parsley, lemon, garlic.
- Pieces of cooked potatoes, cooked ham, reblochon cheese.
- Smoked salmon, diced raw zucchini, feta.
- Smoked salmon, avocado, coriander.
- Roquefort, camembert, gruyère and goat cheese.
- Fresh goat cheese, pesto, dried tomatoes in small pieces, olives.
- Cooked bacon, cooked onions, goat cheese.
- Cooked bacon, dried apricots or prunes.
- Cooked bacon, cooked mushrooms, pine nuts.
- Diced chicken, diced raw apples, 4 tbsp. at s. honey.
- Cherry tomatoes cut in half, garlic, mozzarella, basil, tapenade.
- Beets, cooked red onions, diced tomatoes, 1 tbsp. at s. of ketchup.
- Béchamel sauce, crab crumbs, blanched peas 1 min.
- Zucchini, eggplant caviar, feta, fresh parsley.
- Raisins, diced gruyère, curry.
- Smoked trout, crushed walnuts, arugula.
- Curry paste, diced chicken, diced fresh mango.
- Mustard, diced sausage, crushed hazelnuts.
- Dates, chorizo diced in a frying pan, red onions cooked in the fat rendered by the chorizo and caramelized (a hint of sugar).
- Chicory cooked in pieces, Liège syrup, Ardennes ham.
- Pickles (with vinegared vegetables), cooked ham, raw button mushrooms.
- Black pudding, caramelized cooked sweet potato.
- Roquefort, pear, lamb’s lettuce.
- Ham, cucumber, fresh cheese.
- Ratatouille, goat cheese, rosemary.
- Eggplant caviar, ricotta, cup.