Caution: Rewe and Aldi have to call back a known pizza dough. Other supermarket chains are now raising the alarm as well, because there are dangerous items in the product.
- Recall*: Rewe and Aldi* have to call back ready-to-bake pizza dough with the enclosed tomato sauce.
- Not only Rewe and Aldi affected: Also Edeka, Lidl, Netto and Penny have to recall products.
- Metal particles are found in the tomato sauce – these could be dangerous for the health of consumers.
Update from July 28th: Not only Rewe and Aldi are of that recall affected, now there are more and more supermarket chains that join. Edeka, Lidl, Netto and Penny also sell products that can contain metal particles in the tomato sauce provided. Products from the manufacturers Wewalka GmbH and Tante Fanny Frischteig GmbH are affected – and these products can be found in branches of the following supermarkets: Aldi, Edeka, Lidl, Netto, Rewe and Penny. The pizza dough with tomato sauce is sold both in Germany and Austria. According to the manufacturers, these are the following products:
Recall of pizza from Aldi, Lidl, Rewe, Netto and Penny: Tante Fanny Frischteig GmbH products
- Recall* at Rewe: Items: AND! Backfertiger Pizzateig (600g), best before dates: 26.07. – 22.08.2020, manufacturer: company Tante Fanny Frischteig GmbH
- recall at Net: Items: Mondo Italiano pizza dough with tomato sauce (600 grams), best before date: up to and including August 23, 2020, manufacturer: Tante Fanny Frischteig GmbH
- recall at Net: Items: BACKINI pizza combi pizza dough & fruity tomato sauce (600 grams), best before date: up to and including August 21, 2020, manufacturer: Tante Fanny Frischteig GmbH
- recall at Edeka: Items: GOOD & CHEAP Pizza Box (600 grams), best before date: up to and including August 23, 2020, manufacturer: Tante Fanny Frischteig GmbH
- recall at Penny: Items: PENNY READY. Ready to bake pizza dough with fruity tomato sauce (600 grams), best before date: up to and including 07.08.2020, manufacturer: Tante Fanny Frischteig GmbH
Recall of pizza from Aldi, Lidl, Rewe, Netto and Penny: products of the Wewalka GmbH brand
- recall* at Aldi south: Items: Pizza dough / tomato sauce, Best before dates 17.07.2020 – 16.08.2020, manufacturer: Wewalka GmbH Nfg. KG
- recall at Lidl: Items: chef select & you Pizza Kombi, Best before dates 22.07.2020 – 22.08.2020, manufacturer: Wewalka GmbH Nfg. KG
Produktwarnung.eu has summarized all affected articles in supermarkets in Austria.
Recall: Metal particles – Various manufacturers are calling back ready-to-bake pizza dough with tomato saucehttps: //t.co/db9JUC6Yiv pic.twitter.com/i0qNYGolXK
– Produktwarnung (@ Produktwarnung1) July 27, 2020
Munich / Cologne – Beware of these Pizzas: The food companies Rewe and Aldi* are currently calling back ready-to-bake pizza doughs with tomato sauces in the packs.
Recalls from Rewe and Aldi: metal particles found in tomato sauces
The reason: As the portal produktwarnung.eu writes, isolated metal particles were found in the tomato sauce provided. The manufacturers therefore do not rule out that the jars of the sauce have also gotten dangerous items for the health of consumers.
Important: The danger therefore “only comes from the tomato sauces included. We recommend refraining from eating the tomato sauce. The consumption of the Pizzateiges is harmless, ”says the report.
Recalls from Rewe and Aldi: These are pizza doughs with tomato sauce
According to the portal, customers could take the affected products to the points of sale (the respective supermarkets of Rewe and Aldi) return, the sales price will be refunded. These pizza doughs with tomato sauces are:
- recall* at Aldi south: Article: pizza dough / tomato sauce, best before dates 17.07.2020 – 16.08.2020, manufacturer: Wewalka GmbH Nfg. KG
- recall at Rewe: Items: AND! Backfertiger Pizzateig (600g), best before date: 26.07. – 22.08.2020, manufacturer: company Tante Fanny Frischteig GmbH
There was also one on the same day (Monday, July 27) Recall from Uncle Ben’s – in a popular trip– Shards of glass were found. A customer discovers an absolute disgust in an Aldi pudding. The discounter reacts via Facebook to the customer’s contribution and the find. Pickles have been recalled from Aldi *. It could be glass in glass. In an Aldi product, a girl makes a horror find! Had she not discovered the item, the family dinner could have ended badly.
When you think about summer, ice cream is a part of it for many people. In the WDR program “The pre-taster”, different variants of an ice cream variety were compared. Six supermarket chains are affected: A manufacturer has started a sausage recall. This recall could also be relevant for sausage lovers: A manufacturer has recalled several types of salami due to contamination with allergens. (pm)
A sausage manufacturer has started a recall for several types of salami. The affected sausage is apparently contaminated with dangerous allergens. Dangerous allergic reactions threaten.* merkur.de is part of the Germany-wide Ippen-Digital editors network
Rubric list image: © Oliver Berg / dpa