This is not a first in Asia since Watches & Wonders has already taken place in Hong Kong in the past. However, this is a first for Shanghai in China.
This initiative, “carried out in the strictest respect for health precautionary measures” assures the press release, will be held from September 9 to 13, 2020 at the West Bund Art Center in Shanghai (note that this is not really in the city center, unlike this that its name might suggest).
Access to this event will be by invitation only and should allow professionals, amateurs and enthusiasts of fine watchmaking – media, retailers and customers – to immerse themselves in this universe and to discover in preview the novelties of the eleven exhibiting houses. (mainly Richemont brands) *.
This event is a continuation of the 100% digital Watches & Wonders show which took place at the end of April on the watchesandwonders.com platform.
To welcome visitors, the brands will set up in two halls in the heart of the West Bund Art Center, considered to be the new “cultural spot” in Shanghai, where art galleries and places of life mix.
• The Auditorium will host presentations of brand product launches as well as conferences and discussion panels on subjects such as the return of the pilot watch, or the craze for vintage watches.
• The LAB, a space dedicated to innovation, will present certain projects and technological advances of the exhibiting houses.
• An introductory watchmaking workshop will invite visitors to discover the secrets and mysteries of watchmaking mechanics.
• Finally, the Trades space will welcome craftsmen and master watchmakers for demonstrations of rare know-how.
Other Watches & Wonders events are coming up, stay tuned!
* A. Lange & Söhne, Baume & Mercier, Cartier, IWC Schaffhausen, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Panerai, Parmigiani Fleurier, Piaget, Purnell, Roger Dubuis, Vacheron Constantin