Medical students in Sonora will support COVID-19 in combat

by: Uniradio News – March 31, 2020, 04:57 pm

By Alan Rubio

Hermosillo.- The Ministry of Health and the State universities that have a Medicine degree agreed that students from the fourth semester onwards can help with the care of patients with COVID-19, when medical personnel are in high demand for the care of coronavirus.

Through a video broadcast on social networks this Tuesday, March 31, the meeting of the Secretary of Health, Enrique Claussen Iberri, with representatives of the universities was announced.

The video reports that the students will be assigned to the Covid-19 medical units that will be installed in some municipalities under the Hospital Reconversion Plan of the Ministry of Health.

.

Hospital doctor in New York, he is preparing for the worst | COVID-19 | News | The sun

ITen days ago, only half of the patients the 46-year-old intern saw at Beth Israel, one of the Mount Sinai group hospitals in Manhattan, had COVID-19.

Last week, the proportion increased to three quarters, and is now around 85 to 90%.

“We stopped seeing ordinary patients,” he said in a videoconference interview. “So the hospital is full of coronavirus patients.”

“We have more patients than our usual capacity,” he announces. “But we had already increased the number of beds in anticipation”.

The wave experienced by the establishment in which he works corresponds to that in New York City, where we went from 463 cases diagnosed two weeks ago to more than 36,000 Monday.

“At the rate that I am observing”, explains the doctor, “the peak could arrive at the end of the week or next week”.

Under pressure for two weeks already, Shamit Patel is now preparing for the worst, even if “it is something that we hope not to see”.

The worst thing is a situation comparable to that of certain regions of Italy, where the health system finds itself unable to take care of all its patients.

“We will have to be a little faster to examine each patient and define the treatment,” he predicts. “We could be led to see double or triple the number we usually see.”

But, he worries, “you can’t really go beyond triple and treat effectively.”

“See my family again”

In addition to the limitations of caregivers, c is equally concerned about a possible lack of equipment, especially life support, which State Governor Andrew Cuomo and New York Mayor Bill de Blasio talk about every day.

“If there is an influx and you only have a limited number of ventilators, you can’t ventilate everyone,” the doctor describes. “And from there you have to choose”.

“There is a lot of uncertainty and anxiety, but there is not much I can do about it,” says Peter Liang, a gastroenterologist who has been redeployed to treat COVID-19 patients.

“So I try to focus on what I control,” he says. “Looking after my patients, supporting my colleagues and taking care of myself so that I can see my family every night”.

“It’s hard to know that every morning, it might be the last time I see my wife and my two-month-old baby before several days,” said the doctor from the Manhattan Veterans Hospital, who knows he is at “high risk” of contracting the disease.

Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles tests remdesivir, a coronavirus drug | Univision 34 Los Angeles KMEX

Los Angeles, California.- The Los Angeles-based Cedars-Sinai Hospital joins an international effort to test an antiviral drug in its experimental phase as a potential treatment for COVID-19 (coronavirus), as announced on its website. from the internet this Tuesday.

The Los Angeles medical center is joining forces with multiple hospitals worldwide during a clinical trial sponsored by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases of the National Institute of Health (NIH) and hopes to enroll its first participant this week.

The trial is evaluating ‘remdesivir’, an investigational drug developed by the biopharmaceutical company Gilead Sciences Inc., based in Foster City, in San Mateo County, Northern California.

Remdesivir belongs to a class of antiviral drugs designed to inhibit an enzyme that certain viruses, including the one that causes COVID-19. The drug is not approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for marketing to the general public.

Currently, there are no specific FDA-approved therapies to treat people with COVID-19.

According to the announcement, in animal studies, remdesivir showed promise in counteracting other types of coronaviruses that caused two previous outbreaks of life-threatening respiratory diseases, such as SARS and MERS, according to Dr. Victor Tapson, MD, director of the Cedars-Sinai site for the NIH trial.

While the drug achieved significant improvement in COVID-19 patients who received remdesivir, these individual cases aren’t enough to demonstrate the drug’s effectiveness, Tapson said in the trial announcement.

“We need randomized, controlled studies to verify that remdesivir is safe and effective,” Tapson said. “This is why this clinical trial is so important.”

Cedars-Sinai plans to enroll up to 30 hospitalized patients with COVID-19 for the trial.

One group will receive 200 milligrams of remdesivir given intravenously on the first day, followed by a once-daily maintenance dose of 100 milligrams during hospitalization, for 10 days. While the control group will receive injections of a placebo medication that appears identical to remdesivir but lacks the active ingredient.

At the end of the trial period, the researchers will compare the results of the treatment and control groups on clinical severity, hospitalization and mortality, and will also assess the safety of the drug.

The 10 news you should know about the coronavirus (there are significant advances to find the vaccine)

Loading

Erika Buenfil defends herself from those who criticize her for being TikToker

Erika Buenfil, well-known actress of Mexican television, has managed to become the current queen of TikTok but it seems that the fun videos he shares on this platform are not to everyone’s liking and although he has received harsh criticism On his social networks, today he has shown that he will not leave anyone.

The popularity of Erika Buenfil in TikTok She has managed to grow in an impressive way in recent days and her fun content that she shares from her official account has allowed the actress to exceed 3.4 million followers, a number that continues to increase.

But the success that Erika Buenfil is having on TikTok seems not to be liked by some users, who have lashed out against the actress, assuring that she is already too big to venture into applications that are intended for younger people.

Erika Buenfil defends herself from those who criticize her for being TikToker.

Erika Buenfil keeps her haters quiet

And although there are several criticisms that Erika Buenfil receives on social networks, everything seems to indicate that the famous actress will not leave anyone or at least that has been demonstrated today because she has responded to an Internet user, who claimed that she felt ugly watching her star in videos on TikTok.

But the unexpected happened, as Erika Buenfil responded by telling her that she was not obliged to see her, that she simply ignore the content she shares on TikTok and already, the Internet user did not respond again and her fans celebrated the professional way in which she responded to the harsh criticism that his detractors make against him.

It may interest you: Erika Buenfil joins Tik Tok imitating Danna Paola

And although everything seemed to indicate that the tension had ended at that time, Erika Buenfil wanted to end the fight with a fun TikTok that has caused a furor among her fans where in a fun way I assure you that she will continue her career as TikToker.

Photographs: Instagram @ erikabuenfil50 and Televisa

.

Another police headquarters closed due to coronavirus



The headquarters of Mocha This Tuesday afternoon it became the fourth Police facility to close operations due to the new strain of the coronavirus.


Agent Yaritza Montalvo, from the Aguadilla police area press office, indicated that an agent assigned to the barracks notified his superiors that a “close relative” has presented symptoms similar to that of the virus.

It is unclear whether that relative has been tested for the coronavirus. It was also not indicated if any police officer at the barracks had shown symptoms.

“The same thing that was done with the Rincón barracks, which is to isolate the personnel and order the closure of the barracks, will be done preventively”Montalvo said.

The first three barracks to close have been in Aguas Buenas, Rincón and Caimito. In the first, seven officers have tested positive and in the second, the wife of one of the police officers died of complications after contracting the virus. In the third, it was decided to close after an agent presented symptoms such as cough and fever.

With this decision of the Police in Moca, 39 agents and five officers will have to remain in their homes.

Colonel José Rodríguez Rivera has made efforts to disinfect the building and patrols. Regarding tests of the virus to the agents, Montalvo indicated that, for now, it will be left to the discretion of the uniformed personnel.

.

El Salvador records first death from coronavirus | News from El Salvador

This is a patient over 60 years of age, from the United States, who was classified as critically ill.

The Government reported that El Salvador already registers the first death by coronavirus. The country remains with 32 confirmed cases in total, 31 active and none recovered, according to the last update registered this March 31 at 5:13 p.m.

The deceased patient is a woman over 60 years old, from the United States, and who on Monday, March 30, had been classified as critically ill, according to information from President Nayib Bukele. The patient was in quarantine the entire time, the president said. Furthermore, it was reported that there are no apparent epidemiological links in the national territory.

The woman entered the country on March 12, presented a progressive pulmonary deterioration, and upon being transferred to the hospital she had a cardiorespiratory arrest, reported the Minister of Health, Francisco Alabí.

“The patient had no medical history, her age put her in a risk group. It begins with lung deterioration and it was a complicated situation, ”explained the minister.

In addition, Minister Alabí indicated that tests are still being carried out (by COVID-19).

“There is no way to project when the disease will peak, what we know is that restriction and distancing measures will give results up to 15 days later,” the official emphasized.

As of Tuesday, a total of four patients with severe prognosis are registered, 27 stable patients.

In the case of deaths from the virus, the Health Minister explained that the handling of these corpses is done by means of a double bag, then it is placed inside the coffin and the burial is carried out immediately.

Two new cases were registered on Monday, a man and a woman. These new cases are imported (people who entered from other countries) and were detected in the containment centers, although it is unknown which ones.

The number of cases detected in containment centers totals 28. The rest are two in home quarantine, 1 epidemiological link and 1 case of admission by blind spot, according to the website. https://covid19.gob.sv/

Made with Flourish

Suspicious cases remain at 12. To date, there are three stores, two from Santa Ana and one from Usulután.

In accordance with the data From the Government portal, 29 of the coronavirus cases are imported, that is, people who arrived in the country from various destinations in the world that concentrate the majority of infections, including Italy, Spain, the United States and France, but there are also from Panama, Guatemala, Brazil, Canada and Colombia.

INFOGRAPHIC: How is the coronavirus advancing and fighting in El Salvador?

El Salvador has been in a 30-day general household quarantine since March 21 as well as in a new period of 15 days of emergency regime, as part of the measures decreed by the Government to contain the spread of the virus.

Adequate and constant handwashing with soap and water or antibacterial gel, staying home, wearing a mask if you have symptoms or are a caregiver for a sick person, consuming well-cooked food (especially meat) and calling 132 in case of emergency It is part of the recommendations revolving around this disease that plagues the entire world.

.

Timeline of the coronavirus within the body: from infection to recovery or death

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in people and in many different species of animals, including cats and bats.

Rarely, animal coronaviruses can infect people and then spread between people, such as with MERS-CoV, SARS-CoV, and now SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID19.

Incubation. The person has no symptoms yet

An incubation period is the time between when a person contracts a virus and when symptoms begin. Currently, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the incubation period for the new coronavirus is between 2 and 14 days after exposure.

A new study, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, resembles that symptoms can appear in as little as five days, and the vast majority of people develop symptoms in 12 days.

What happens when the coronavirus enters the body?

When a person is infected, the coronavirus travels to the back of the nostrils and to the mucous membranes in the back of the throat.

Day 1- The throat is the place where symptoms often start, such as a sore throat and a dry cough. Other symptoms include fever, fatigue, and muscle pain. A study of 138 patients infected with the new virus in Wuhan, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), shows that the most common symptoms were fever (98.6% of cases), followed by dry cough (59.4% of cases) and fatigue and general weakness of the body (69.6%).

2-3 days The virus spreads through the airways to the lungs, which can cause difficulty breathing.

days 7- When the membranes of the lungs become inflamed, it is more difficult for them to function properly. At this time a person is admitted to the hospital if he continues to have trouble breathing. According to JAMA, on average, people were out of breath within five days of the onset of their symptoms. Severe respiratory problems were observed in approximately eight days.

Day 8- Acute respiratory distress: If the lungs are not working properly, the patient most likely has pneumonia. The virus can also cause nausea, diarrhea, or indigestion if it infects the cells of the gastrointestinal system. (In the most severe cases, COVID-19 can cause organ failure and death.)

Day 10- Intensive Care Unit for those with the worst reactions.

Day 12- The fever stops, although it can stop days before.

Day 12- 13- The person can breathe better. The estimated recovery time is two weeks for mild cases and between three and six weeks for more serious cases.

Day 18- Death can occur for the most affected.

Day 18 onwards- The person recovers. The average time from baseline to clinical recovery for mild cases is approximately two weeks.

Extra weeks It takes up to six weeks for a patient with severe or critical illness to recover or more.

  • About 80 percent of trusted sources recover from COVID-19 symptoms without the need for any special medical treatment.
  • After I feel good again, when will it be safe for me to go out in public?
  • Because tests have found viral genetic material in patients after they have recovered from COVID-19, it is best to assume that it can be contagious for some time and take precautions to avoid infecting others.
  • For household disinfection, diluted household bleach solutions, alcoholic solutions with at least 70% alcohol, and the most common EPA-registered household disinfectants must be effective.

.

Social funds may lose up to 2.3 trillion rubles of contributions due to the virus – Vedomosti

  1. Social funds may lose up to 2.3 trillion rubles of contributions due to the Vedomosti virus
  2. Experts estimate the loss of the Pension Fund and MHIF due to the RBC crisis
  3. Social insurance institutes may lose 2.5 trillion rubles due to a pandemic
  4. Payments of pensions and benefits were threatened by Moskovsky Komsomolets
  5. The Pension Fund and the MHIF will lose 2.5 trillion rubles due to the crisis and pandemic Rambler / News
  6. View in the Google News app

Watch a college doctor force female students to go out to buy her book despite the Corona warning

The media, Wael El-Ibrashy, reviewed a video during his presentation of the “Ninth” program, which is broadcast on the Egyptian Channel 1, showing a video of students of the College of Humanities for Girls in Cairo, who are gathering heavily in order to obtain a book after instructing the course doctor as the last day to obtain the book.

The student, “Kholoud”, made a phone call to the program, during which she confirmed that the students are compelled, because the doctor in charge of the subject was the one who issued instructions on obtaining the book. From infection. “

The media, Wael Al-Ibrashi, said that there is a state of extreme change in the world’s composition now, its concepts and the basis that it was dealing with before the outbreak of the new Corona virus “Covid 19”, pointing out that the economically and commercially rich countries and the giant militarily and all of them were collapsing before the world in the face of the deadly virus And, he continued, “The European Union has already disintegrated and no longer exists in light of the outbreak of the Coronavirus.”

Al-Ibrashi added, during his presentation of the “Ninth” program, broadcasted on the Egyptian Channel 1, that the world has not become rich, poor, strong and weak. Now the post-Corona world will focus on health, medicine and science, not military and material superiority, stressing that there is an attempt to kidnap Egyptian doctors. And, for that, he will launch the initiative “to support doctors”, and provide everything necessary for them to benefit the Egyptian state.

.

Music that unites – Rai

  1. Music that unites Rai
  2. Music that unites, watching RaiUno I thought: how beautiful the TV that combines the ‘what’ to … Il Fatto Quotidiano
  3. In 4 million for the music that unites La Stampa
  4. Social praise avalanche for ‘Music that unites’, “when Rai does Rai” Adnkronos
  5. Cristina D’Avena excluded from the show “Music that unites”, the outburst on social media: «I wanted to be there» Leggo.it
  6. View full coverage on newsylist

.